Drive shaft pushed INTO transmission?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

19trax95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So the "mechanic" knowingly put the shaft in with the slip yolk bottomed out in the trans? If that is true then you need a new mechanic. The slip yolk is there so when the axle moves (going over bumps, loading the bed, etc) the driveshaft can move without hitting the inside of the trans or pulling out of the trans.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
Would dropping the truck cause the shaft to be pushed in?

if you read my post its all you need to know, yes it shortens the distance between trans and rear end, sounds like your mechanic ed up your trans i suggest finding one with a brain. in park you need to check for axle wrap and fix that then get your shaft shortened.

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
that noise sounds like loose bolts on torque convertor to flexplate dont run it any longer without tightening them

214martin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
if you read my post its all you need to know, yes it shortens the distance between trans and rear end, sounds like your mechanic ed up your trans i suggest finding one with a brain. in park you need to check for axle wrap and fix that then get your shaft shortened.

Where would i go to get my shaft shortened? Is it expensive? Because if it is screw that ima raise my truck back up

214martin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
that noise sounds like loose bolts on torque convertor to flexplate dont run it any longer without tightening them

Whats wierd it started doing it as soon as i put it into reverse to park here at my job. So i shouldnt drive it back home at all? Get it towed?

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
look up any driveline place some are better than others get a measurement and take it to them, for a standard like 1310-1330 joint front and rear reusing your slip yoke, new tube straight and balance it should be 200 tops.

214martin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What are driveline places? I live in los angeles so i have no idea where to start looking?