Door stuff

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MWMSilverado

Reaction score
I recently removed front door panels for replace the lock actuators on my 1999 TAHOE, it looks like the previos owner messed with that stuff, missing nuts and bolts, missing dust covers.
I seen a few videos, looking at the details, I found the part number, searched on google, there are no on ebay, amazon or GM parts websites, part was discontinued.
I'm plannig to build a custom cover with plastic bags.
Does someone did some of this stuff? Can you recommend me something?
THANKS

MWMSilverado

Reaction score
All 2 metal covers out, 1 is clean, i will clean the other, degrease power window mechanism and lubricate them with PERMATEX SILICONE LUBRICANT, factory grease is all muddy and hard, both actuator arrived yesterday, now i need to order a lock rod pass side, is all bented, when actuator is LOCK, latch is UNLOCKED door panel needs some welding, lower zone is bad, interior handle bezel have bad pins, but i will reuse them

MWMSilverado

Reaction score
door wires are all crap looking, they are all nasty, the modifying to fit aftermarket speakers is ugly
The wires are all like rat eaten, but its impossible to arat to get there so I think that is becuase it was all unclipped and t had friction with the sarp metal

Last edited:

MWMSilverado

Reaction score
Yesterday I installed the DRV and PASS side, DRV side works nice, PASS side rod i found that is good! But the new actuator off PASS side its connector contacts slided in, wich sucks, but today i will remove it and repair it with epoxy glue, I will order CLIPS, RH SWICH, and HANDLES.
It's crazy, In ebay there are for 20 bucks a pair of handles and I googled the pn of the RH, OEM ACDELCO COSTS 63 bucks, i found the cheapest one on SUMMIT RACING for 20 bucks, out of stock. So I will buy the pair, RH is broken and LH rod clip is broken, I assembled with a retainer (NOT OEM)

MWMSilverado

Reaction score
So yesterday I repaired the actuator, not so bad but worse than I thought, both connector pins are on its spot, then i tested and I found a issue, actuator isn't working, disassbled him again and the wire was out, welded him and nice, reused the rubber cover of the LH oem one and its nice, now I have to mount them
I didnt used epoxy glue, just burnt a bit of plastic and its nice
Yesterday I order a set of door panel clips and a set of 60 pcs of trim removal from amazon
I will use some FORD hardware to mount again the door panel, u nut and screws, they are from the old wrecked front end of my f350
talking of my f350 its almost done, just waiting for 2 sets of H13 bulbs because I converted from sealed beam to composite

Last edited: