Door Seal Procurement and Acquisition (Best source and supplier)?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AuroraGirl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would still like photos, but if you want a cheap route, get some silicone grease from 3m in a jar and get some fishing line(I think thats what he used)
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

BBslider001

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Seals I am replacing...first two are barn door seal and the last is driver door seal. Flat and not supple anymore. They are not too pricey, so it can't hurt. Also looking into evap canister replacement as well.

You must be registered for see images attach

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
A little late to the game but Precision brand weatherstripping is my go-to. I used Steele on the front doors of my Suburban (because Precision was not available at the time) and I'm not impressed. It comes too short, I prefer a cut to fit...and didn't seal as well as the Precision. I ended up adding some 3/8 round to the Steele to get it to seal better around the front curve of the door.

Precision can be had at Classic Parts out of Kansas City.

E-gads

Reaction score
I bought the cargo door seal from OC Autocarpets. I think it was Precision branded weather stripping worked great wasn't' expensive. LMC truck has almost all the weather stripping on the truck. I have ordered a many things from LMC and unfortunately not all of it is quality stuff. Of the weather stripping that was purchased from them, only had trouble with the belt moldings. Did all the rubber on a Tahoe that was repainted earlier this year. The way their catalog is done, it is hard to tell where it's sourced from. In a lot of cases they're the only game in town.

alignman88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have been searching with little success. I want to replace my D/S front door seal and the two rear door seals. Where are you guys finding the best supplier for the seals? I get exhaust smell through the rear doors and am guessing the seals are toast. It isn't terrible, but over time, my stuff back there smells like the 70s LOL. Thanks for your help!
Got mine at LMC Truck for my single cab ‘88. Fit well and have the steel strip through it, had to cut with hacksaw to keep it tidy.

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
I would still like photos, but if you want a cheap route, get some silicone grease from 3m in a jar and get some fishing line(I think thats what he used)
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I'm hittin' the hardware store tomorrow for this stuff!

The super lube he mentions is

I use it with my urethane suspension bushings. It's really good stuff!

BBslider001

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A little late to the game but Precision brand weatherstripping is my go-to. I used Steele on the front doors of my Suburban (because Precision was not available at the time) and I'm not impressed. It comes too short, I prefer a cut to fit...and didn't seal as well as the Precision. I ended up adding some 3/8 round to the Steele to get it to seal better around the front curve of the door.

Precision can be had at Classic Parts out of Kansas City.
Not too late at all. I haven't purchased yet and after reading this, I am glad I have waited.

Anyone have input on those photos? The seals definitely seem worn and flat to me.

AuroraGirl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not too late at all. I haven't purchased yet and after reading this, I am glad I have waited.

Anyone have input on those photos? The seals definitely seem worn and flat to me.
they seem like seals that are older than me (1998) so yes
My F150 has the same thing although the seals are more squished in spots where the flange was distorted so it put more pressure in places than others

BBslider001

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
they seem like seals that are older than me (1998) so yes
My F150 has the same thing although the seals are more squished in spots where the flange was distorted so it put more pressure in places than others
Alright, cool. They will be getting replaced. Thanks!

BBslider001

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just an update....seals ordered from Precision. I'll report back. Should be here in a week or two.