Door Latch?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
So my drivers side door doesn't shut very well, it will shut and lock but you can pull it 1/4" or so away from the body with it shut/locked. I have to make sure to push it up to the body when I get out because rain will get in if I don't. If I shut the passenger door I also have to go around and push it back in. I don't think it is the pins because it still lines up well. I replaced the striker bolt, didn't do much. Any clues?

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
There is a plastic stop block inside these latch's that break's over time and also they will break if someone slams the door too hard, I suggest you replace your's, I bought a whole new set of 4 for my crew cab a couple of year's ago.

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
It sounds like what draggin said, the door latch piece or the whole assembly is toast. To me it doesn't sound like a pin issue. Might want to check the roller above the upper door pin too.

Sent from Jolly Green's Droid

70stroker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
had the same problem chris about a year after i did pins, i ended up replacing the latch and it solved my problem.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
lmc has them and so does classicpartsofamerica and they aint cheap. they want like $50 for one I think or more, both places.