Door glass run

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
For some reason mine disappeared. I’ll need to get 2 of them. They don’t show up in my 88-89 parts catalog. Anybody have a part number by chance?
Very much doubt you'll find them new anywhere, but can be had from any GMT400 doors.

Richard

Bloke

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Door glass run? Is this the channel the door door glass goes into when it goes down? If it is mine are original on the 1998 and it slow to move up or down once in awhile on driver side. Also motor was changed out some years ago with the arms and no effect. Not sure if changing the door glass runner will work cause someone changed it to a new one and it was tighter than a catholic nun, eewww. You get my meaning. Might a well leave it alone for me at least

Bloke

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Door glass run? Is this the channel the door door glass goes into when it goes down? If it is mine are original on the 1998 and it slow to move up or down once in awhile on driver side. Also motor was changed out some years ago with the arms and no effect. Not sure if changing the doorglass runner will work cause someone changed it to a new one and it was tighter than a catholic nun, eewww. You get my meaning.

Steven Petersen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Update:

Today I installed an OEM glass run on the driver’s side. Just took it for a spin and my wind noise is gone. Turns out I do have the foam insert in the mirror access hole. I was pretty certain the noise was coming from the glass run because I could put my ear up against the exact spot the noise was coming from. Top rear corner. Changing the run was easy. Hardest part was removing door panel. I hate removing them, it always feels like something’s gonna break.