94 blazer vs 94 Silverado door differences

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dlindsey19

Reaction score
Hi all, I have a 1994 Silverado, awhile back I was involved in a hit and run accident which left a nice dent in the side of my driver’s door. I found a 94 full size blazer in the same color and was curious if there were any differences in terms of wiring, trim or anything like that between the two doors because the blazer has different window switches as opposed to the Silverado. Any advice is appreciated!

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Zero difference in the door shell itself. The only other difference you might find would be what you've found - the difference in the window switch area. That larger switch panel setup the SUV's use (the Suburban has that same setup) requires that the door trim panel has a larger hole cut in it to match, and the slots stamped into the inner door panel (the black sheetmetal where the window regulator mounts) are in a larger pattern to match as well. The wiring is -probably- different in respect to the window switches, at least it is on a 4 door SUV, never got a chance to compare a pickup to a 2 door SUV.

If the inner door panel (GM calls it the "door module") is still good on your crashed door, it's not a big deal to swap it over. Takes a little wrangling with the window regulator but if you can swap the door, you can swap this part, too. Easier with the window down.

When swapping doors from donor trucks, I've found it's best to stick as close as possible to the year model due mostly to wear in the stamping dies. In your case 1994 for 1994 is likely to be the best fit.

Richard

dlindsey19

Reaction score
Zero difference in the door shell itself. The only other difference you might find would be what you've found - the difference in the window switch area. That larger switch panel setup the SUV's use (the Suburban has that same setup) requires that the door trim panel has a larger hole cut in it to match, and the slots stamped into the inner door panel (the black sheetmetal where the window regulator mounts) are in a larger pattern to match as well. The wiring is -probably- different in respect to the window switches, at least it is on a 4 door SUV, never got a chance to compare a pickup to a 2 door SUV.

If the inner door panel (GM calls it the "door module") is still good on your crashed door, it's not a big deal to swap it over. Takes a little wrangling with the window regulator but if you can swap the door, you can swap this part, too. Easier with the window down.

When swapping doors from donor trucks, I've found it's best to stick as close as possible to the year model due mostly to wear in the stamping dies. In your case 1994 for 1994 is likely to be the best fit.

Richard
Unfortunately I would’ve reused mine except they hit it hard enough it messed up the window track, when I tried to put my window down it went crooked and now is stuck down,I tried wrangling it and got the window back up but the track is completely messed up. When I get it pulled off the truck I’ll compare the two and let you guys know what I find.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
No worries, you might have to do some swapping mix/match between the two inner door panels to get things right for your truck. Swapping the wiring harness for just the door over would be super easy. I can't remember just how many holes are offset for the switch bezel to snap into the panel, but you could always make a template from your old panel and carefully make the new holes. It's probably 2 or 3. That way you could use the undamaged inner panel and your pickup switches, harness, and interior (trim) panel.

Richard