Don't laugh, I'm new

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Already ordered my wheels. They are 17x8 and 17x11.5 cragar 397's. They are gloss black but I have been contemplating having them powdercoated flat black.

These would probably be better for cornering & autocross. than 20's. When I was into Mountain Biking (my bike was worth more than my truck, at one time!) One of the rules that I was taught was that for every pound of weight removed from the rotating mass, was equal to 3lbs. off of the frame.
My 20's are 30lbs. a corner heavier than my 15's. So if you were to apply the theory of rotational mass from the MTB's, that would be the equivelant of adding 90lbs a corner, or 360lbs. of total weight to the vehicle. And that weight is farther away from the hub, too.
Not only would this affect the ability to change direction quickly, but you have to stop that extra weight, too.
Like I said before, putting the 20's on my truck is equal to carrying around 3 hot babes, or 2 hotties & a bunch of beer. All the time. Without the benifits! Plus the gas to pack the extra weight.

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Vey true! This has been the goal in building my '98. Everything done to it has been for the purpose of sticking in the corners. Laying frame/body is cool in it's own right, but I've never been impressed with the handling aspect of those trucks. To me, lowering a vehicle by way of a static drop is for the purpose of lowering the center of gravity. Adding bigger sway bars, some killer shocks & sticky tires just enhances the fun factor by 10! Especially with some real power! But as usual, one thing leads to another, so don't forget the big brakes, too! Gotta have some 'whoa' to match up with the 'go'!

I'm on the same page with you man. And as for as the woah, I've got drilled and slotted rotos for all 4 corners with EBC pads. I'm hopin this will be enough for a while.

Layed out will never be played out!

Not gonna lie, I like the idea of a bagged truck. But 3 secs of psshhhh (up) and 3 secs of psshhhh (down) is only a little bit of fun. Tellin my wife to hang on then yankin a 4000lb sled into a banked off ramp at 80 that's labled for 25 seems more exciting to me. But we are all different I guess.

You 2wd guys and being able to mix and match different sized wheels... psh.

Yea, for some reason us 2wd guys don't can't seem to make the front tires spin. :D

haha im goin 20x85 and 20x10 when I ball up and buy some most of the bagged rides round here are s10s and minis...uh as a matter of fact not one bagged fullsize in my town that i know....edit one halfass built nbs its sad

Gonna look good when you do it. BTW I think the Machined look would be the way to go with your truck, just my .02 though.

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
These would probably be better for cornering & autocross. than 20's. When I was into Mountain Biking (my bike was worth more than my truck, at one time!) One of the rules that I was taught was that for every pound of weight removed from the rotating mass, was equal to 3lbs. off of the frame.
My 20's are 30lbs. a corner heavier than my 15's. So if you were to apply the theory of rotational mass from the MTB's, that would be the equivelant of adding 90lbs a corner, or 360lbs. of total weight to the vehicle. And that weight is farther away from the hub, too.
Not only would this affect the ability to change direction quickly, but you have to stop that extra weight, too.
Like I said before, putting the 20's on my truck is equal to carrying around 3 hot babes, or 2 hotties & a bunch of beer. All the time. Without the benifits! Plus the gas to pack the extra weight.

I've also thought about that too. I wish I could find some aluminum wheels in the right size but they just weren't out there for a reasonable price. The wheels I got are steel and are gonna be on the heavy side for sure. Weight and Tire price were to two biggest factors that helped me decide on 17's vs. 19's or 20's.

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
they will be the wheel in my rendering polished and they have just a touch of black. Maybe the only other option Id consider in my price range would be coys I like those big ass lips

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Jesse James' chopped GMT400. IIRC it has a 1.5" outa the front, & 2.5" outa the back of the cab. Not something I'd do to my truck, but this looks pretty good. Built by WestCoast Customs. Lots of other stuff done to this truck, too. Such as a '95-'98 dash swap.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
his dont look to bad there is a guy on fsc that has one that looks good too.

I find this kinda ironic i was watching a monster garage vid were they was building a truck and he was cracking on mini trucks real hard etc. I know this a full size but at the end of the day even our trucks are classed as minis rather we like it or not.Just thought Id share a peice of useless info that I found funny