Don't laugh, I'm new

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I looked into shockwaves and I really wanted em. But for $900 a pair I just couldn't do it. I got my strange single adjustables for $275 brand new. With that much price difference I can try out a bunch of different spring rates and still be ahead. The fronts also getting coilovers but from QA1, they are the only ones who make a set that will work in our trucks. Nobody makes "Autocross" stuff for our trucks, I can't find any OBS autocross trucks or parts ANYWHERE, the closest I've come is the hotchkis kit for the 67-72 trucks. Some of those trucks are cool as all get out.

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
yes they are Im kinda in the middle of figuring out if i wanna frame dragger or to set it up for autocross type stuff

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Autocross isn't cheap, but I'm doing all the research work now. So I can def save you some time and headache if thats what you decide to do.

Lots a trucks out there that lay frame or even body, Not to many trucks that pull Lateral G's. Just sayin.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score

Lots a trucks out there that lay frame or even body, Not to many trucks that pull Lateral G's.

Vey true! This has been the goal in building my '98. Everything done to it has been for the purpose of sticking in the corners. Laying frame/body is cool in it's own right, but I've never been impressed with the handling aspect of those trucks. To me, lowering a vehicle by way of a static drop is for the purpose of lowering the center of gravity. Adding bigger sway bars, some killer shocks & sticky tires just enhances the fun factor by 10! Especially with some real power! But as usual, one thing leads to another, so don't forget the big brakes, too! Gotta have some 'whoa' to match up with the 'go'!

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Also I don't know about where you live but here it's rare to even see a customized truck anymore much less a bagged one.

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
haha im goin 20x85 and 20x10 when I ball up and buy some most of the bagged rides round here are s10s and minis...uh as a matter of fact not one bagged fullsize in my town that i know....edit one halfass built nbs its sad

kn1ght

Banned
Reaction score
That is what I want. I want a 4 door, short box, chop top, shaved handles, slammed n bagged. I've had these lifted trucks, and i'm tired or replacing front end parts lol