Don's Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
that actually looks really good :waytogo: let us know how it holds up over time. also was it hard to get it even without any tiger strips and whatnot

Sent from my static android

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
I'm curious, what exactly were you trying to accomplish by plasti-dipping the whole truck? I mean, i got an answer from DipYourCar that it's supposed to last up to like 200*F, and i know it's tough so it'll be rain/weather resistant, but what about rocks and mud and stuff? You'll be touching up like crazy.

DonYukon

Dont stop until it sounds expensive
Reaction score
With care and some experience painting the stuff actually dries on evenly as long as your carful . Ive had it on the truck for about 2 weeks and driven about 1100 miles on it (trip down to NC and back) been through about 3 rains and taken down 2 trails both with mud , I will say its harder to clean you actually have to scrub it a bit to get it clean but nothing to harsh , so far its holding up great , It does peel off as advertised , Im going to end up doing it more professional with the entire kit but I wanted to try the stuff first and overall Im very pleased ESP with a rattle can job . a lot of people ask me how much it costs to paint it as such lol
some close ups
You must be registered for see images attach

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
see the only reason I would consider it is because I think it's easier to lay down evenly than paint.... I'm just scared to death of my paint coming out all jacked up with stripes.... or tons of orange peel

DonYukon

Reaction score
see the only reason I would consider it is because I think it's easier to lay down evenly than paint.... I'm just scared to death of my paint coming out all jacked up with stripes.... or tons of orange peel

Well I will say mine does have the orange peel or Textured look All over it but because its Even orange peel it looks good IMO , I had a friend that did his with the DYC kit and his looks much better Less texture and even , Mine has two spots where its slightly uneven but one you can't see in the pictures the other you can make out in person

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
well the best thing is if it's messed up that'll just peel off, paint not so much

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
hey don how's that pladtidip holding up thus far?

DonYukon

Reaction score
Its holding up great , Even been soaked with salt for a few days Just rinses right off, So far Ive been Happy with the results . I got a few other things done to the truck will have to take the time and upload the progress soon