Does anyone run a stripped interior (no plastic)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CadillacSlim

Reaction score
I have a 1991 C1500 that we use as a farm truck. The red plastic interior is in awful shape, and it seems like a wasted effort to try and replace it all out of another truck.

I was thinking about pulling everything out down to bare metal, then spraying everything with bedliner. Has anyone seen a GMT400 without the plastic? How does it look?

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Cold in the winter, hot in the summer. The floor really conducts the heat/cold..... also LOUD. The bed-liner may help with those issues, Though.

I don't worry about spilling coffee, or my heater core leaking, However.

gearheadE30

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It won't look good without an interior. If you're concerned about it, you'll also be creating a lot of sharp edges and hard surfaces to bang yourself against in a wreck - there's a reason everyone stopped using metal dashboards once safety became more of a concern. The dash is also used to support a lot of the wiring harness, HVAC ductwork, etc... you'll spend as much time trying to make all that neat and tidy and trimming the harness where it's not needed as you would swapping an interior.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
It won't look good without an interior. If you're concerned about it, you'll also be creating a lot of sharp edges and hard surfaces to bang yourself against in a wreck - there's a reason everyone stopped using metal dashboards once safety became more of a concern. The dash is also used to support a lot of the wiring harness, HVAC ductwork, etc... you'll spend as much time trying to make all that neat and tidy and trimming the harness where it's not needed as you would swapping an interior.

I doubt he's talking about removing the whole dash.