Do you think it can do it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
Yeah you could use cruise with it left in 3rd... i was meaning i would only be using on the interstate. (65+ MPH) and it would be in O/D.. but it would have to be on flat ground with no hills or anything.

I've never traveled a long enough distance at 55mph to tow in 3rd with cruise on

brycebba

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
To be honest bud, I wouldn't do it. Other than what the rest of the guys have said, if you put a good weight distributing hitch like an equalizer I would be scared that the tongue weight on that tied to your frame via the hitch could tweak the frame. I have seen it happen before and it seems to be on the older trailers that have much more tongue weight. It will be a struggle to pull with a 305 depending on your gears too. I would look for something a little smaller for a half ton.

I have towed a 28ft trailer for years and I haven't towed it with my new 454 but my cummins had a big brake kit front and rear with drilled and slotted rotors and boy was I grateful for those a few times.