Disco rear bumper upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

willdabeast69

Mudd Slutt
Reaction score
this is bad ass! i want to make one for my truck. how much did all the metal run ya?

but i feel like if i make this bumper it would be illegal in IL

Last edited:

Balzer

and Mean Girl *truck*
Reaction score
I know this is an old thread but I just wanted to ask if you ever freespool your winch? If so how do you get to the clutch lever? or do you just power out and power in and leave the winch engauged all the time?

Turbo

Disco Lives
Reaction score
this is bad ass! i want to make one for my truck. how much did all the metal run ya?

Honestly, I don't remember.. 5' of 2x3 3/16ths, 6' of 2x4 3/16ths, 2 D-ring mounts off ebay, 6' of 1"x 1/16 thick for the filler on top, and 3/16" flat plate for the filler and end caps..

I know this is an old thread but I just wanted to ask if you ever freespool your winch? If so how do you get to the clutch lever? or do you just power out and power in and leave the winch engauged all the time?

You have to reach under the truck to hook up the controller and/or to free spool.

Last edited:

shelbyt.67

Weirdo
Reaction score
I really like the smaller design. Havin the rear bumper tucked under the body just makes more sense. I dont know how many bumpers I've gotten caught, wedged or peeled.

Turbo

Disco Lives
Reaction score
Exactly, that was the intent. I don't add any "armor" until I damage something a few times and get tired of doing body work. Since this mod, all I've done as far as paint and body, is $.99 walmart flat black.. so nice.

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
I have body damage from the P/O backing the farm bumper on my truck into something and smacking it into the bedsides... very tempted to do something like this, but I'd want to keep my receiver in its current location, and I'm not sure how to do that without looking funny.

Also may be a bit of a challenge to accomplish with just a 4.5" angle grinder and a flux core welder. LOL