Deciding On Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dubya

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i vote Bfg all terrain hands down excellent long lasting tire that does good in all types of weather conditions

1993GMCSierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you can find them....

Continental Milestone LT tires.

My father bought them for my old red GMC (then his GMC) in 2003. They saw regular use on the truck (farm truck, hauling, off road, etc.) until 6/05, in which case it was retired from farm duty and mainly was used for hauling little stuff and regular driving.

In 2007, it became mine when I got my license, and was driven 40 miles a day to school and back, plus work after school, weekends, etc. etc.

In 2009 I put them on my current GMC, and sold the old red truck.

I just sold the tires because I wanted some white letters, and they STILL, after 9 years, and probably 50K+ miles, had over 65-75% tread left on them. The rear tires looked next to new, and the fronts still had quite a bit left.

I couldn't believe how long they last. If I find a set in white letters, I'm buying them.

Goodyears and BFG's are good tires, they tend to both wear very well.

smrr1

wait for it...
Reaction score
Michelin LTX AT will last the longest and be the best riding tire but will cost more than anything else. BFG is nice but also pricey. Look at Nitto Terra Grappler. I like my Yokohama Geolander At a lot but no that aggressive of a tire. Look at Discount Tire and never pay what they quote you. always 10-20% less.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Maybe I should mention I'm getting 31x10.5r15. I don't think nitto has those in my size.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
What about the difference between General Grabber AT2 and BFG AT?

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Maybe I should mention I'm getting 31x10.5r15. I don't think nitto has those in my size.

Ill throw in my pitch for Kumho Road Venture A/T KL78's! Great all around tire, wear is excellent, and have a nice thread pattern! They do fantastic in anything you through at them! Where I live, they see all conditions and I have zero complaints! Here's a picture of them on my truck:

You must be registered for see images attach

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Ill throw in my pitch for Kumho Road Venture A/T KL78's! Great all around tire, wear is excellent, and have a nice thread pattern! They do fantastic in anything you through at them! Where I live, they see all conditions and I have zero complaints! Here's a picture of them on my truck:

You must be registered for see images attach

You ever go through mud in those?

smrr1

wait for it...
Reaction score
DOH. didn't realize they didn't offer them in that size. i think bfg is a great tire i just know that you are on a budget and those are super pricey. look around. look at craigslist and always offer less than quoted.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You ever go through mud in those?

Yes! Im not one to take my truck through a mud hole for sh!ts and giggles, but they have never once got me stuck in mud. While i've been out hunting going through fields in the spring or fall, or while going across lowland to get to remote hunting locations etc. They do great in snow as well! The thread pattern does a really great job of cleaning itself and ejecting mud, snow, water etc so you have a clean tread face hitting the ground every revolution! Excellent performance for an A/T! And they make almost ZERO noise on the road, not to mention the great ride!

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
DOH. didn't realize they didn't offer them in that size. i think bfg is a great tire i just know that you are on a budget and those are super pricey. look around. look at craigslist and always offer less than quoted.
I found a set of 4 on craigslist in LA. Its in a thread

Yes! Im not one to take my truck through a mud hole for sh!ts and giggles, but they have never once got me stuck in mud. While i've been out hunting going through fields in the spring or fall, or while going across lowland to get to remote hunting locations etc. They do great in snow as well! The thread pattern does a really great job of cleaning itself and ejecting mud, snow, water etc so you have a clean tread face hitting the ground every revolution! Excellent performance for an A/T! And they make almost ZERO noise on the road, not to mention the great ride!

Now was that in 2 or 4 wheel drive? I've been reading reviews and although they don't look that aggressive they have extremley good reviews. Theya re cheap too!