Deciding On Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I am looking at a couple of tires.
1) BFGoodrich All Terrain
You must be registered for see images attach

2) Falken Wildpeak AT

3) Goodyear Wrangler Authority (walmart)

Any reviews, opinions, personal experience are greatly appreciated!
I'm really looking at the Walmart tires for price but the BFGs are supposed to have a better tread life. They are all ATs.

90chevstepside

iPhone Repair Tech!
Reaction score
DO NOT BUY TIRES FROM WAL-MART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok now that that is over, seriously, don't buy any tires there. Call Goodyear and ask about the tires they supply Wal-Mart with. They use a different rubber for the Wal-Mart tires than they do on other Goodyear tires. My mom went through 3 sets before finally telling Wal-Mart to kiss her rear. When she called Goodyear about how crappy those tires were they were INCREDIBLY helpful. They apologized 852 times (I counted). They then asked where she bought them from (to possibilly track down a bad batch of tires) and as soon as the word Wal-Mart came out of her mouth, it was like they changed attitudes completely. They said "we make those tires specifically for Wal-Mart, they're made from a softer rubber that's not used it our Goodyear store line of tires. We do not warranty them, Wal-Mart handles that. We only out Goodyear on the side because we make them and the law requires our name on it....

-Sent from the riced out Eclipse!

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
with that said, BFG or Falken? I FORGOT TO MENTION, BUT ANY OTHER OPINIONS ON TIRES WELCOME TOO. JUST TELL ME HOW THEY WORKED FOR YOU.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
What are you running right now?

90chevstepside

iPhone Repair Tech!
Reaction score
37" Pro-Comp X-Terrains. They're a directional mud tire. Kinda like a Mickey Thompson Baja Claw (which is my all time favorite tire EVER)....

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I would go with BFG KM2 but price and the fact the tires will mainly just be for show keep me from spending that much hahaha

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
bfg all terrains are a great tire. long tread life and do well in most conditions. and they look good

Sent from my static android

Last edited:

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Those are the ones I'm leaning toward. I saw the Falkens on a truck leaving church today and thought they looked cool

90chevstepside

iPhone Repair Tech!
Reaction score
I avoided suggesting mud tires because of that reason. Here's what you need to do. Click the address bar at the top of a new page. Enter: "WWW.TREADWRIGHT.COM". Browse their site and find a tire that you like, and select it, then select the size tire you want, and get a price on a set of 4 plus shipping and you'll be surprised how cheap some are. My buddy got a brand new set of 315/75/16 Guard Dogs (a treadwright brand) for just under $700 shipped. the tires were $600 and shipping was like $80 I believe..