Decided to build a garage. Now the fun begins.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

South VA

K2500 454 Long Roof
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Word of advice, if it hasn't occurred to you on this, lock it before rolling.... of course, if the drawers have latches this doesn't apply quite as much.
Good point and thanks.

The drawers seem to stick in place when they’re closed completely, but I’ll lock it anyway when moving it.

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
Good point and thanks.

The drawers seem to stick in place when they’re closed completely, but I’ll lock it anyway when moving it.
The hf box I have does the same. Drawers act like they have a detent but will drift open as you roll it, especially if you turn it with any kind of speed. No fun when one tips over. Had a previous coworker dump his box like that, resulted in an unexpected purchase for him.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
The hf box I have does the same. Drawers act like they have a detent but will drift open as you roll it, especially if you turn it with any kind of speed. No fun when one tips over. Had a previous coworker dump his box like that, resulted in an unexpected purchase for him.
Could you put a small magnet on the back of the drawer, or somewhere else that it would magnetically latch the drawer? Like RV drawers have, to keep them shut when in transit.

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
Could you put a small magnet on the back of the drawer, or somewhere else that it would magnetically latch the drawer? Like RV drawers have, to keep them shut when in transit.
Perhaps. Settled for locking it if I wasn't working out of it, minimized tool loss to scavengers and thieves (plastic injection molding plant). Magnets are a more convenient option for home use.

South VA

K2500 454 Long Roof
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sticking some magnets at the back is an interesting idea. Could make it a bit more secure. But I tend to agree that locking it before moving it is probably the simplest and most secure approach. I can easily imagine a tool drawer sliding out and creating a divot in the paint. Or worse, tipping over, tools and all, into a nice vehicle.

Once I realized that I’d spent more on paint (well, and some bodywork) in the last couple of years than I used to pay for a decent used car, I became more willing to endure a little inconvenience to stave off trauma. No dings on the Subdivision or on the HHR, after one and two years respectively. I’m picky where I park.

That said, since my vehicles have been and currently are parked outside, they probably should be washed more often than I normally do. Gotta work on that.

Except bird poop. That gets removed shortly after I see it.

I’d love to get both vehicles inside and give them a good cleaning and waxing, or a polymer equivalent.

Probably a month, at least, before I could even consider doing such a thing. Which is fine. It’s something to look forward to.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It has two locking wheels that swivel, and two wheels that don’t lock or swivel, pretty much like my Craftsman tool chest.

Seems like a decent cabinet, especially for the money.

You must be registered for see images attach
Funny story: my very first toolbox, was a little red craftsman. I unboxed it and flipped it on its back to install the wheels, 2 fixed and 2 casters. Flipped it up and happily stuffed it full of tools, but when I went to move it, it only moved left to right. I had installed both fixed wheels on the back and the casters in the front. :doh2:

Last edited:

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Funny story: my very first toolbox, was a little red craftsman. I unboxed it and flipped it on its back to install the wheels, 2 fixed and 2 casters. Flipped it up and happily stuffed it full of tools, but when I went to move it, it only moved left to right. I had installed both fixed wheels on the back and the casters in the front. :doh2:
You certainly wouldn't be the first person to make that mistake, trust me. :Big Laugh:

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
When I put the casters on, I actually had to stop and think about that!
Our newest carts have all four wheels swiveling. Easy to park, but he!! to move on the sales floor. You can't take a corner and hold onto it, and then it takes some force to get it straightened out and hold it that way, till the next turn. Whoever decided that was a good idea, never had to maneuver a loaded one in a store.....

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
Our newest carts have all four wheels swiveling. Easy to park, but he!! to move on the sales floor. You can't take a corner and hold onto it, and then it takes some force to get it straightened out and hold it that way, till the next turn. Whoever decided that was a good idea, never had to maneuver a loaded one in a store.....
This is the larger version of our "silver carts". Prolly weighs nearly as much as I do....

Attachments

• IMG_20240324_160652464.jpg
    IMG_20240324_160652464.jpg
    287.2 KB · Views: 6