DAMN STEERING!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
He isn't 4wd if he put lift spindles on, and to answer your question no you don't really need the steering stabilizer. I ran 37s with no steering stabilizer.

JonZ71

Right Meow
Reaction score
Alignment will help death wobble. also, time to replace upper and lower joints, and pitman.idler arms. Just change them and be done with the death wobble. also. if you get a Stabilizer it will only be a bandaid to what you got going, but it does not hurt to have it.

Chevyguy78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You only need a stablizer if your steering componets are shot. Unless your running a solid axle up front, for some reason the come stock on solid axlle trucks like the older Chevys and F@#ds.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Also if the spindles moved the location of where the tie rods connect it could be putting your steering in a bind causing you to have death wobble

Toms94z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah worn tie rod ends will do that for sure, and being that the spindles probably changed the angle that the tie rod ends were sitting at and it didn't start doing it till you put the spindles on i would defiantly look at them. the other possibility is the spindle nuts were not tightened enough allowing movement of the bearings and rotor-hub assembly and that will cause a wobble too.

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
Could be the idler support bracket, I know mines hurting pretty good.. cant find a replacement for it either, no one here seems to be able to get them, Or could be the steering box or something.