Daily truck pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Daly

The great white Canadian
Reaction score
Details on the car?

I just picked up a 56 dodge custom royal 4dr thats gunna be full rebuild
It's a 1950 Ford custom sedan. Runs great, but needs some work on the front suspension. I'm ordering a disc brake kit for the front, because it doesn't cost much more than a rebuild kit and it'll help with the braking. Needs kingpins and bushings in the front. And while it's appart I'm going to install aerostar coils which will lower the front 2.5-3".
I plan to keep the flathead V8 and just add headers, dual carb intake and just clean it up. It had a nut and bolt restoration about 15 year's ago, and has been sitting for the last 5 years.
You must be registered for see images attach

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Cool old car, neat that Ontario lets you run the vintage plate too. And up there those flat heads probably run cooler that they would in my end of the lower 48. I remember back when Hot Rod came out with that De Luxe magazine ( that eventually became Hot Rod De Luxe for a different publisher) there was a big article on new flathead hop up parts. Several companies are making better flowing water pumps that help them run a lot cooler. And you know when every song back in the day that mentioned a Ford, talked about how they ran hot when leaned on, ya know it's a problem!
Enjoy it,and show us pictures of the updates!

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's a 1950 Ford custom sedan. Runs great, but needs some work on the front suspension. I'm ordering a disc brake kit for the front, because it doesn't cost much more than a rebuild kit and it'll help with the braking. Needs kingpins and bushings in the front. And while it's appart I'm going to install aerostar coils which will lower the front 2.5-3".
I plan to keep the flathead V8 and just add headers, dual carb intake and just clean it up. It had a nut and bolt restoration about 15 year's ago, and has been sitting for the last 5 years.

Pretty clean, kinda funny now everyone's buying 4 door classics around here.

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
There were more of them, and most of the two doors got bought up for restoration or customizing. I saw a swap meet video on YouTube ( a guy in Dallas, Texas does them of many meets in our area, Classic Ride Society is his channel) tonight that had a pretty decent 55 Bel Air 4door, 235 straight 6 and 3 on the tree. I could totally see some old dude in east Texas driving this thing! Same meet had a 55 Dodge Royal Lancer 4 door that was real nice, and a 54 Nash that was a fresh restoration; it probably didn't look that pretty on the showroom floor. It was 13K, and the Chevy was 5 or 6K. A friend of my dad's had a 55 Chevy 150( the base model)4 door with a 265 V8 and 3 on the tree, that he used to drive on the weekends. All original, not gorgeous, but dead reliable. His wife made him sell it....
Many of my musician friends used to drive stuff like this in the late 60s, into the 80s, because they were cheap, reliable, cool looking old cars you could haul the whole band and their gear in. My late friend Denny Freeman had many old Cadillacs for those reasons ( and back then the bands he was in usually had 5 or 6 members).
The Fabulous Thunderbirds went around for a while,in their early days, in a 71 Eldorado convertible; all 4 of them in the front, instruments, drum kit and amps in the back seat and trunk. It was Jimmie's girlfriend's car, her folks had a little$$. Her previous car was a 70 Challenger,440 six pack,4 speed, plum crazy. Got too many tickets in it, so it got traded for the Eldorado. This story was told to me by Jimmie himself,back in 1991 when we first knew each other. Prompted by seeing a very similar Challenger at a swap meet outside of the DFW area that we were at....

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
Saw this nice GMC dually at the McGregor and 288/ South Freeway HEB. Probably a big block cause it didn't sound like a diesel. I like the wheels, something different for the 8 lugs.

Attachments

• IMG_20210819_145608.jpg
    IMG_20210819_145608.jpg
    324.9 KB · Views: 21

Cadillac Bob

Slammin original 4x4 Cadillac doors!
Reaction score
Yup that’s because of them seeing people like you roll “HAM” round town in a low cost buy,clean,classic body style ride and have no payments and know they been suckered in on the “$60k plus truck dream” from that guy at the dealership who just made you buy a truck that’s basically the most expensive thing you own even for some they’re homes! But look at you, “it at brand new but I keep it clean son!” Walk n talk as you glide with that yeah I have money in my pocket now whata drank girl! Booom! banging ******* them boys when I stroll up in my gmt400 looking classic while me n my ride to take you back to when real guys drove trucks/SUV’s to be used not neighborhood status symbols that you can’t even back up into your own driveway with! Lmmfao!!

Daly

The great white Canadian
Reaction score
Yup that’s because of them seeing people like you roll “HAM” round town in a low cost buy,clean,classic body style ride and have no payments and know they been suckered in on the “$60k plus truck dream” from that guy at the dealership who just made you buy a truck that’s basically the most expensive thing you own even for some they’re homes! But look at you, “it at brand new but I keep it clean son!” Walk n talk as you glide with that yeah I have money in my pocket now whata drank girl! Booom! banging ******* them boys when I stroll up in my gmt400 looking classic while me n my ride to take you back to when real guys drove trucks/SUV’s to be used not neighborhood status symbols that you can’t even back up into your own driveway with! Lmmfao!!

That hurt my head to read...

drewcrew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
???????