Daily truck pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
What is the car(?) in the first photo HWB?
That blue and white vehicle is a 67-72 Suburban. We call them "round fender" or 3 door" Burbs because this generation only has one door on the left(driver's side in US) and two on the passenger side. The idea was more safety in loading and unloading since it would be on the curb side.
This generation was called "action line " by GM, and is the one before the 73-91 square body Burbs. They also made these in panel truck configuration; there was one for sale here last year. Same body but w/o windows past the front doors and no third door. These were available in two different wheelbase length, but Burbs were not.
So this could be our burbs' grandpa....

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That blue and white vehicle is a 67-72 Suburban. We call them "round fender" or 3 door" Burbs because this generation only has one door on the left(driver's side in US) and two on the passenger side. The idea was more safety in loading and unloading since it would be on the curb side.
This generation was called "action line " by GM, and is the one before the 73-91 square body Burbs. They also made these in panel truck configuration; there was one for sale here last year. Same body but w/o windows past the front doors and no third door. These were available in two different wheelbase length, but Burbs were not.
Thank you!
I couldn't quite place it. Too big to be an 'estate' car, on the small side to be an SUV but as 'grandpa' to our Burbs, it makes sense. The barn doors also skew it as potential estate car.
I didn't notice the lack of door on the driver side. Another case of 'mods, please remove this post'...

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1936 Chevrolet Suburban with 4.11 semi-floater.

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
Thank you!
I couldn't quite place it. Too big to be an 'estate' car, on the small side to be an SUV but as 'grandpa' to our Burbs, it makes sense. The barn doors also skew it as potential estate car.
I didn't notice the lack of door on the driver side. Another case of 'mods, please remove this post'...
I wish I'd got a better picture, but we were going down the road! It was very sharp looking though....
And no problem to answer your question,you probably have never seen one in the UK or at least in Scotland! The door or lack thereof is hard to see if you're not close to it.... So our Burbs are the second generation of 4 door ones, and the square body Burbs were the first. That fourth door helped their versatility and sales quite a bit I think!

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
Rawhide needs 3 spaces? Lol
I tried to get Mom to park next to the little truck(a 94-98 WT with a chrome bumper on the front) but she didn't want to. Also my brother is currently using a wheelchair, so we need to have some space to unload him....and the handicap spaces were occupied!
She can drive our trucks anywhere, but parking is not in her skillset.....