Daily truck pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
I thought someone gonna suggest that lol. But does it affect the other airbag(passenger)? Will it still deploy in case of an accident or not?
That's a good question. I would think the passenger airbag would still work since the bulb is there for signaling that there is something wrong with the airbag system, much like the SES light.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would think the passenger airbag would still work since the bulb is there for signaling that there is something wrong with the airbag system, much like the SES light.
I think the PCM will disable the air bags if one is faulty. I don't think the PCM is capable of separating the 2 from each other but, I may be wrong.

2drXmobb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What are we looking at on 3rd picture? Some kind of safety cap?
It's a lock people have been know to steal your car with pliers without the steering wheel it's a lock that rotates and spins so pliers don't grip on to it. I got it for peace of mind I know if people want to still it they can but might as well give them a harder time, I had Numerous occasions of people trying to brake in my truck

2drXmobb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's a good question. I would think the passenger airbag would still work since the bulb is there for signaling that there is something wrong with the airbag system, much like the SES light.
Yes it does affect the other airbags you have to put an ohm resistor to complete the circuit then the other airbags will function properly

2drXmobb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And what did you do to get rid of Air Bag light? Is there an easy solution or you gotta dig in the computer? Curious in case I'd like something similar.
You can use paper clips for the airbag wires to complete the circuit or an ohm resistor it was pretty easier the only hard part was removing the airbag because it has these tension springs in the back were you have to compress but with limited access it was the most challenging part alot of the import cars do it there's lots of diys but I didn't see much for our gmt400s maybe 1 or 2 videos on YouTube but it wasn't much help I was going to do a write up but I was on a time crunch

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can use paper clips for the airbag wires to complete the circuit or an ohm resistor it was pretty easier the only hard part was removing the airbag because it has these tension springs in the back were you have to compress but with limited access it was the most challenging part alot of the import cars do it there's lots of diys but I didn't see much for our gmt400s maybe 1 or 2 videos on YouTube but it wasn't much help I was going to do a write up but I was on a time crunch
I thought it might be-you could do the write up. I'm sure many of us will find it useful. Thanks for explanation.