Daily truck pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My Suburban is getting a set of KO2s for its next tires as well. They're reasonably priced on TireRack.com, my dad got his set of 265/75/R16s for just a little over $700.

EDIT - Be aware, there are two different versions of KO2s available now. The originals which are snow rated and a little softer rubber, and the DT (Different Tread) model which is not snow rated but has a 50K mile tread wear warranty with a little harder rubber. I ordered the originals for my dad, everything I've read suggests that they're a much better tire than the DTs.

4WheelParts runs a sale every winter on BFG tires, a $50 rebate from BFG, as well as a $50 rebate from 4WP; I got a set of 285/75R16s for my truck for like $750 2 years ago.
I didn't know about the different tread option,

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Don't think so! When did you change up the wheels between the two? Nice, but the blue beast goes with the silver impala's better imo.

Lol! Think it's been almost a couple of years now.
I've got 'a few' different sets of tires & wheels.
There's also a set of Square Body ralleys with 275/60's & a couple of sets of SS/Sport wheels around here. (Had 22 of those at one time.) One set has the same size tires & another has some 255/60's.
I swap them around when I'm feeling energetic.
The Impala wheels had the original 255/50's when I got them. T-o-o-o small!
The 20's need tires, but I bought 4 275/55's for the Impala wheels for the same price as the 20's 2 rear 295/40's.
The 20's are pretty heavy over the stock 15's. Nice for the highway. Not so good for corner carvin'.
Can't buy a decent 275/60-15 'performance' tires anymore.
The 17's are a comprimise between the 20's & the 15's.
I actually perfer the truck on the SS/Sport 15's. Both for looks & handling.
At 'only' a 2/4 drop, the 20's kinda make the truck look donk-ish.

Tiny Trucker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Lol! Think it's been almost a couple of years now.
I've got 'a few' different sets of tires & wheels.
There's also a set of Square Body ralleys with 275/60's & a couple of sets of SS/Sport wheels around here. (Had 22 of those at one time.) One set has the same size tires & another has some 255/60's.
I swap them around when I'm feeling energetic.
The Impala wheels had the original 255/50's when I got them. T-o-o-o small!
The 20's need tires, but I bought 4 275/55's for the Impala wheels for the same price as the 20's 2 rear 295/40's.
The 20's are pretty heavy over the stock 15's. Nice for the highway. Not so good for corner carvin'.
Can't buy a decent 275/60-15 'performance' tires anymore.
The 17's are a comprimise between the 20's & the 15's.
I actually perfer the truck on the SS/Sport 15's. Both for looks & handling.
At 'only' a 2/4 drop, the 20's kinda make the truck look donk-ish.

Oh ok, maybe I just see more pics of the GMC with the 20s and the Chev with the impala's. Would love a set of SS wheels! You can't find them over here. I need to get rid of my dirty old Centerlines but I am unsure what to replace them with. Thinking some Bassetts or Aero Race wheels in 15.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Already putting it to work after the tank replacement last night, just mowed my grandparent's lawn a couple hours ago:

You must be registered for see images attach

Swapped in a grille from a '90 from a j/y and bought some new stainless dumbo mirrors a few weeks ago. I wanted more chrome, and these were the best looking. I didn't really like the Autozone plastic stick-on chrome cover crap. Also just wanted to change it up some, it's now a "Wanna-be '93." lol

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So close to being done...thinking Iowa will probably be the first long road trip the burb will encounter. I miss the midwest and it's long boring expanses of flat open space
You must be registered for see images attach

If you do come out this way, maybe you could bring that rear axle we talked about a while back! ;)

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I used to go to Iowa to race atv's. It seemed ok, but I might choose a different vacation destination...