Cv shaft brands/experiences/recommendation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
I have never needed one when NAPA was open lol... I always seem to break stuff on saturday nights, and oreillys is open on sunday, so thats where i end up.

tscherbi

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I install Napa shafts all the time, I usually upgrade to the better rubber boot, not the hard plastic. I never ever buy from oreilys, the crew in my home town is the biggest bunch of incompetent dumb ***** you would ever meet. I love my Napa parts and run them on my own truck. I also like that Napa puts there own name on the box, they stand behind the manufacturers products

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
I install Napa shafts all the time, I usually upgrade to the better rubber boot, not the hard plastic. I never ever buy from oreilys, the crew in my home town is the biggest bunch of incompetent dumb ***** you would ever meet. I love my Napa parts and run them on my own truck. I also like that Napa puts there own name on the box, they stand behind the manufacturers products

I feel your pain on the chain store parts guys. Some of my high school buddies run the oreilly's down here and they know what they are doing. From my experiences, they have decent parts, but NAPA parts are truly top of the line. I don't think i have ever returned a NAPA part for any reason.

grampadirt

On MEDICARE Officially Old
Reaction score
We sell GSP axles where I work.I have them on my burb and have had zero problems in the three or four years they've been on and I've been off-road countless times.

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score

Well I 100% agree with this statement!!!! I went to O'Riley yesterday, the store manager help me. I ordered driver and passenger precision brand 100% new CV axles (have receipt to prove it) they only had one in stock so the manager ordered me the other which I went to pick up today. I instantly noticed the box was very different looking so I refused to pick up the ordered one until I checked out the one I picked up the day before. Just got home and checked my receipt and sure enough I did pay for 2 precision brand 100% new axles. The one I picked IP that day is a remanufactured master pro select brand. They tried to tell me they are the same and have the same part numbers. I'm going back tomorrow with the master pro axle and my receipt to make the ass hole manager look like an incompetent pos and get my money back. Never again will I shop at O'Riley!!! So angry they ripped me off.