Cv shaft brands/experiences/recommendation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
Need new CV shafts as I have the entire front end taken apart and my boots are ripped and passenger side shaft has play in it.

Tell me your experiences with different brands and what brand you recommend, yes my truck goes muddying and trail riding. Thanks!

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
I have $60 orielly's cv's in my truck. I broke one with the Boggers. Other than that, no issues. Hard to beat a lifetime warranty also.

racer36

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dont turn full lock in 4x4 and floor it! Lol. I shredded 3 in my 93 and they were i believe partsmaster brand from my local auto value, but, they came with a lifetime warranty

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
OK so when you took back your busted cv's did they give you guys any trouble? I read the limited lifetime warranty and it sounds sketchy to me. My truck is lifted and on 35's so I'm guessing I don't qualify. Not that they would know because I would just bring the shaft not my truck. What if the CV boot rips? Is that covered?

racer36

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I always went to my local hardware and they all know me and my dad quite well, so that may have helped, but ive never had a problem with them swapping the cvs, no matter what they looked like

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
The ones Oreilly's sells around here are the upgraded ones with bigger cv joints, Iv replaced both of mine because the boots got all tore up and they started popping. I will contest that they are pretty tough, My 35 inch Baja Claws have never busted one, and my truck sees some serious offroad situations. They also have the upgraded rubber boots on them instead of the hard plastic factory ones, and yes, the warranty covers the boots. They will still warranty it if the truck is lifted.

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
You can remove these without removing the tire btw, Its simple if you know what you are doing. Maybe i should start a thread on this.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
OK so when you took back your busted cv's did they give you guys any trouble? I read the limited lifetime warranty and it sounds sketchy to me. My truck is lifted and on 35's so I'm guessing I don't qualify. Not that they would know because I would just bring the shaft not my truck. What if the CV boot rips? Is that covered?

I never had any issues, just walk in, say it's bad and I get a new one.

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
Good info! Yea I have no problem changing them out the only reason my entire front end is taken apart is because I rolled my truck and I'm in the rebuild stage. I highly recommend MAP gas to get the axle nuts to come off, mine were a pain in the ass because I took the entire hub off with the CV still attached lol that was a mistake I won't make again!

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
oriellys has some better parts in their shafts. i believe rockford is their supplier not sure though. still sem chinese crap but alot better quality. i tried making a u joint version like the old vettes irs have but ran into a few issues it was tons stronger though.