Custom fabrication designs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

891Ton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not done yet but this is what I did to my stepside. I plan on boxing in the small area behind the cab to make a small bed area with a tool box strapped down. I need to add a couple more bars for support too. Coming soon after my sliders and skid plating.
You must be registered for see images attach

kamokevin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reaction score
Not done yet but this is what I did to my stepside. I plan on boxing in the small area behind the cab to make a small bed area with a tool box strapped down. I need to add a couple more bars for support too. Coming soon after my sliders and skid plating.

Awesome, looks like it would make a fantastic crawler!

891Ton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thanks, thats what I do with it. Just did beadlocks, a high steer, and Im building some sliders and rocker protection now.

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
Totally jealous of the buggy. Comment on the roof rack design: I talked with a guy who did a similar design where the rack was welded to the bed and then mounted to the roof of his cab. This is a bad idea because the bed and roof flex at different rates and this strain from the rack cracked his windshield. He said a solution to fix this is to weld the rack to the bed and not to attach it to the cab. More bars are used on the roof portion for added stiffness when the bed and cab are flexing.

kamokevin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reaction score
Totally jealous of the buggy. Comment on the roof rack design: I talked with a guy who did a similar design where the rack was welded to the bed and then mounted to the roof of his cab. This is a bad idea because the bed and roof flex at different rates and this strain from the rack cracked his windshield. He said a solution to fix this is to weld the rack to the bed and not to attach it to the cab. More bars are used on the roof portion for added stiffness when the bed and cab are flexing.

You can see from the picture I posted earlier that I wasn't planning on attaching it to the cab. From this picture you can see that frames definitely flex haha

NacIK

aka Dirty Hoe
Reaction score
Would any of you guys be interested in a weld-it-yourself bumper kit if I got something put together. I'm guessing final price would be in the $400 area.. maybe lower.

Attached is a pic of a prototype the company I'm trying to work with on this did, I would probably try to use that exact bumper and get dimensions for them to put one on our trucks instead of the newer one.

You could count me in, but I would need a tire carrier. My spare will not fit under because of my exhaust and now it won't fit in the back of the 'hoe because I installed a 'burban rear seat in the back. Thinking about that I really need to make a write-up on that install.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I will have to draw something up for a front bumper when I am messing around in class tomorrow! In past years I have used Auto Cad, but I am suppose to be using solid works 2011. This is really interesting as I am the only one doing it, and the teacher has no idea how to use it. Another thing is the kid that used it last year said he just drew it in Auto Cad and switched it to a Solid Works. I can honestly say that I do not like Solid Works. It also doesn't help that my father teachers drafting, and I have used their Pro-Engineer. I will post up when I get bored and draw something.