Custom fabrication designs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kamokevin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reaction score
I'd probably use a 331 series. A 341 if you have the realestate and want a massive latch.

As well, I'd spec an R series for the lock considering the application. In the southwest I wouldn't worry about getting one in 304 stainless, the zinc plated steel units would be fine.

So you're thinking something along these lines? http://www.amazon.com/DE-STA-CO-341-R-Action-Threaded-U-Bolt/dp/B0006NC6AI/ref=pd_sbs_indust_1

They provide some dimensions but they don't seem to agree with each other in different pictures, but even if it has the larger set of dimensions I should have just enough room to fit it.

I almost forgot I had autocad. I am ashamed. I will have a few additions sometime

Too busy working on the pimp mobile haha, post some stuff up when you get a chance.

bggrnchvy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So you're thinking something along these lines? http://www.amazon.com/DE-STA-CO-341-R-Action-Threaded-U-Bolt/dp/B0006NC6AI/ref=pd_sbs_indust_1

They provide some dimensions but they don't seem to agree with each other in different pictures, but even if it has the larger set of dimensions I should have just enough room to fit it.

I'd probably go with a 331-R. Those 341's are pretty massive.

Here's a better site for dimensions and you can download a solid model directly for import:

http://www.reidsupply.com/sku/TC-341-R/

kamokevin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reaction score
I'd probably go with a 331-R. Those 341's are pretty massive.

Here's a better site for dimensions and you can download a solid model directly for import:

http://www.reidsupply.com/sku/TC-341-R/

Seems like most people get their clamps from reid supply, and I love how I can download the .sldprt file!

Honestly I haven't had the chance to familiarize myself with the de-sta-cos but it looks like the 341 is almost twice the size as the 331 so I guess I wouldn't mind using the 331 as long as I get one with the lock. Thanks for input!

bggrnchvy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seems like most people get their clamps from reid supply, and I love how I can download the .sldprt file!

Honestly I haven't had the chance to familiarize myself with the de-sta-cos but it looks like the 341 is almost twice the size as the 331 so I guess I wouldn't mind using the 331 as long as I get one with the lock. Thanks for input!

Actually, now that I think about it you can buy De-Sta-Cos through McMaster and I believe they beat the msrp by not labeling them by brand name.

In looking it seems Mcmaster has a better print and is about $10 cheaper for that 331-R clamp:

http://www.mcmaster.com/#cadinlnord/51335a65/=hg83il

I had a company project about 3 years that needed ~100 323 clamps and I had to shop around a bit to try and meet budget after ponying up for blanchard gorund Mic 6 base plates.

kamokevin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reaction score
Actually, now that I think about it you can buy De-Sta-Cos through McMaster and I believe they beat the msrp by not labeling them by brand name.

In looking it seems Mcmaster has a better print and is about $10 cheaper for that 331-R clamp:

http://www.mcmaster.com/#cadinlnord/51335a65/=hg83il

I had a company project about 3 years that needed ~100 323 clamps and I had to shop around a bit to try and meet budget after ponying up for blanchard gorund Mic 6 base plates.

I looked through their site a little bit but I wasn't sure which or their latches matched up with the de-sta-cos since they use different part numbers. Do you know if the holding capacity of the one you just posted is around 2000? If so it's definitely cheaper than carrlane's version as well.

bggrnchvy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I looked through their site a little bit but I wasn't sure which or their latches matched up with the de-sta-cos since they use different part numbers. Do you know if the holding capacity of the one you just posted is around 2000? If so it's definitely cheaper than carrlane's version as well.

Paying closer attention I was comparing the 341-R to the 331-R.

Reid is cheaper by $2.

kamokevin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reaction score
Paying closer attention I was comparing the 341-R to the 331-R.

Reid is cheaper by $2.

Ok that makes more sense haha. Well I downloaded the part file from McMaster but if/when the time comes to buy it I'll go through Reid. It's nice to get help from somebody whose had real world experience with it, thanks Kyle!

On another note, I just submitted an updated version of this as my final project for my ABE class and I ended up having like 37 files for it :headbang:

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did a quick one in drafting today, but it looks terrible, and it just didn't look right to me, so i scrapped that idea, guess i will have to do it later in the week, or after i print off the other kids drawings since hes busy tring to fix a cnc lathe that is like older the the auto cadd in our school

kamokevin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reaction score
I did a quick one in drafting today, but it looks terrible, and it just didn't look right to me, so i scrapped that idea, guess i will have to do it later in the week, or after i print off the other kids drawings since hes busy tring to fix a cnc lathe that is like older the the auto cadd in our school

What was it a drawing of? Throw it on here when you finish it. Also, I really want a CNC machine :hmm:

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What was it a drawing of? Throw it on here when you finish it. Also, I really want a CNC machine :hmm:

It was of the pole barn he did when we were suppose to do our house plans, i might throw my house plans up on here later, Nothing to pretty, but they work i guess. CNCs are nice but those ones that he is working on suck, they are some off brand like 1x year old machines, one doesn't work, and he had to take it apart to figure out how to get the other one apart, and i think they took a few parts off of the broke one, but that wasn't my job so idk