Custom bumper tuck and hood on my 89

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
I understand why they let all the stock in they just want the $60 a car and if your stupid enough to pay it and have a stock car there not gonna turn the money away. I thought maybe since it was suppose to rain a lot of stuff stayed home, glad to know its usually like that I don't think ill be going to that again. Seems like more of the nicer stuff was just cruising around the beach and not even messing with the show.

Most home garage builders (where the really cool stuff happens) usually go to the shows but never are in them.

Their vehicles are usually labors of love that they never think are good enough or done enough...."cruise ins" are usually where they show up.

Unfortunately, even these are being taken over by owners who put a stainless exhaust tip on their car or a paint job or a mail order body kit and then think it's customized enough to be different than every other car out there.

Some guys are still out there doing it right, but they get fewer and fewer every day.....

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
^^^ True!
I get much more outa 'Shop Tours'. Almost like poker runs.
Bunch of people get together with their rides & go from shop to shop on a Saturday.
You get to see projects in different stages of being built.
You can actually talk to the builder.
From seeing some amazing stuff being put together in amazing & huge, beautiful shops, (along with all the 'automobilia' some guys collect.) to amazing stuff being built in a barn or a converted carport.
A great way to 'network'. Get to meet people that do things that you can't do, but can't do what you do.
See vehicles that will never see the inside of a trailer or be surrounded by stanchions.
And... the guys on the tour are driving their rides, so you get to see what the cars/trucks look like doing what they were meant to do, (& IMHO, that's when they look the best!) Rollin'!!!
A good time, with no attitude involved, & the opportunity to learn something new, or old, as the case may be!
Don't get me wrong. I can appreciate the time & effort it takes to prepare & set up a vehicle in a show. It IS a lot of work. Been there. Don't want to go back!
But for me, I WANT to smell the burnt rubber! Hear that engine being shifted at redline! See the street lights flashing off of that paint job! That's the best 'car-show'!
Power park, grab a burger & chat up a 'Tire-biter'. (car babe!)
To me that's way more entertaining than sitting in a building in a lawn chair, for a whole day or two, making sure that no-one messes with your ride, while fielding dumb 'Q's from the uneducated, the ignorant, &/or the opinions of the combination of those.
Not trying to put the car shows down. I do attend many, & many of the vehicles I have worked on fit into this category.
A trophy is good! Very good! But it doesn't mean that they are the best!
It's an 'opinion' of 3 or 4 people (judges) of what they feel is the best of whatever else is in that category, on that day.

Even still...that is one bad-a$$ Camaro! Hope the wife drives the hides off of it! She's a lucky gal!
Congratulations!

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
That Bumper came out amazing! And the hood looks better than I thought it would, Nice Job!!!

Wifey has a pretty Bad A$$ Camaro too!

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Dadgumit!

Now you've got me thinking abut "the sincerest form of flattery".......

:)

KennyK

Reaction score
im finally getting around to working on this again so that I can finally get some paint on the front end

last piece I wanted to make for the front end is a sheet metal cowl

started by slapping some metal around a wood template

You must be registered for see images attach

that left it like this

after hitting the edges with the shrinker to give it the same radius as the hood

then I extender the center body line though the cowl panel
I started with a little wood jig

then used a chisel on the center line on a test piece

time for some epoxy then body work

Marcos

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sell those cowls! Lol

And I remeber that looongg build on SSM when it was up. The craftsmanship on the Maro is amazing!