Cost of Body Work and a New Paint Job??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlackBeauty

No I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know there are a bunch of threads out there on this, but what is the average cost of a new paint job and the imperfections fixed around you guys?? I think it will probably cost more because it's black, but I'm looking to get a new fender and flare to fix an "oops" I had last fall, and also may get a cowl hood, and instead of just getting those sprayed to match 15 year old paint, I might as well get the dents and surface rust on the bottoms of the doors and rockers fixed, and get it resprayed. Thanks for any help!!

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
your looking in the area of about 2k to get the whole truck done,i have a buddy that does paint and bodywork and was at his barn when he gave a quote for roughly what your looking to do.

BlackBeauty

No I'm Awesome
Reaction score
your looking in the area of about 2k to get the whole truck done,i have a buddy that does paint and bodywork and was at his barn when he gave a quote for roughly what your looking to do.
I'd be real happy with that as I was quoted $1400 by Moodys Collision to get JUST the fender and flare fixed and painted

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
your best bet is to ask around to see if there are any guys that do it on the side or someone that will make a cash deal to do it,also theres a guy near me that jut did over a late 90's f350 and they painted it with caterpiller black and it was a little over 100 bucks for the paint supplies from cat, and it came out really nice

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Around here it's running 4k for a single color all over paint job, and that's plus material's, and of course there are lot's of places that charge way more too.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
I went to a local shop to have a quote written for replacing cab corners and it was close to 2K. Said it was a lot of labor because the bed had to come off :shrug:

BlackBeauty

No I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I went to a local shop to have a quote written for replacing cab corners and it was close to 2K. Said it was a lot of labor because the bed had to come off :shrug:
Yeah I'm lucky to have solid cab corners living where I do... but my rust areas, which can all be sanded down are the bottoms of both front doors, and the part of the cab that meets the bottoms corner of the doors, which are just little half dollar spots

Luke

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Its going to depend on how many dents your truck has and how perfect you want it. Your best bet would be to find some good shops in your area and get estimates.

Chances are if you find someone to put a fender on it plus fix surface rust and all the dents and paint the entire thing for 2 grand, its not going to look very good.

Luke

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've never heard of anyone good who would touch a full paint job for that price.

I know the shop I work for wouldnt put a fender on his truck, fix surface rust and all the dents and paint the entire truck for 2 grand. Its not worth your time and materials.

If you want Bobby Ray to paint it in is garage and have wavy body work and paint thats got more dirt in it than a dump truck, have at it. Most people dont know enough to spot a bad paint job anyway so in a lot of cases it doesnt matter.