Corvette Servo DISASTER

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JPVortex

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What happened there?

I'm just going to say it, If you had difficulties keeping the exterior bolts straight, the inside of a 4l60 is probably not where you need to be mucking around. Last one I did was over $500 in replacing all the other wore out hard parts as has been mentioned by others.
Yeah that's very true lol. I'll just put a used trans in

JPVortex

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My limited experience has been that once you open-up a failed 700-family trans, you'll find more wrong inside than you expected, it'll cost more than you planned-for, and require extra labor to fix everything that's worn out or damaged.

Both times the 700 in my '88 K1500 failed, the planetaries were shot. Broken teeth, burnt clutches, burnt band, worn holes in the separator plate, etc.
Yeah that's true. It'll probably end up being a disaster in there.

JPVortex

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the 4l60e in the 93 and 94 trucks had a neutral safety switch? I swear theres not one mounted to the side of mine

tayto

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
93/94 will not interchange with 96+

and yes they have a neutral safety switch but it's on the column

JPVortex

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok thanks!

Got the new trans today. 140k on it. He threw the transfer case in too! Fluid was decently pink, didnt smell the best but a lot better than mine did

JPVortex

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does this transmission pan look like a deep or shallow to yall? I want to say shallow but want to be 100% sure.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach