Corvette Servo DISASTER

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks guys! This is what I'll do. They actually do make a trans line flush solvent

Be sure to follow up with compressed air so the last of that solvent can carry away as much crap as possible. I used one of those solvents before too, but my failure was with a tube and fin cooler and I really didn't get anything horrible out of the cooler.

JPVortex

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Another update. Just noticed my oil pressure is lower than it was before putting this trans in. It was cold idle around 60psi and warm between 25-40. Now cold it's like 35 and warm around 15-20.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Not sure, going to do an oil change very soon. Prob going to put T4 rotella tbh. I did notice the gauge hardly moves, so the sending unit may be acting up too.
I think the sending unit is only slightly more truthful than the average politician, once it's got some age/miles on it. The one in the Burb reads low, and the one in the crew cab reads high, to me. Can a stock Vortec 5.7 really have 75# oil pressure at highway speed?

JPVortex

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think the sending unit is only slightly more truthful than the average politician, once it's got some age/miles on it. The one in the Burb reads low, and the one in the crew cab reads high, to me. Can a stock Vortec 5.7 really have 75# oil pressure at highway speed?
yeah not sure. Im going to try 10w40, not t4. Not going that thick yet.