Correct amount of rust for a life in Pacific Northwest?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
lol! Not that I’m aware of, but I never meet the seller. Found it on Craigslist($4k 120k miles) Never heard of the place but, when expanded the little map I realized it was just over the mountains from my sister and brother-in-law. They had acreage on the little Nestucca River at the time. Got the deal done quick before anyone could get out from a city.

Now back to the Meth. They moved out there from Beaverton in the mid/late 90’s. They were quickly greeted by the local authorities that wanted a “look-see” in their barns. Once they were satisfied they weren’t in the Meth business they left them alone.
You must be registered for see images attach

I guess it must still be an industry around there?
South of where I live in Eugene, there is what is known as the meth capital of Oregon, Cottage Grove. You would think that Eugene would be, with all the homeless but Cottage Grove is, in a lot of Oregonians opinion. Fortunately, in Eugene, I live in a fairly upscale neighborhood and on a dead end street. We all watch over each other in this neighborhood. I have all my tools insured heavily.

jhornsby3

Reaction score
Oh, it's an industry all over Oregon. That whole valley area of Sheridan, Willamina to Grande Rounde and the Confederated Tribal lands are in such a state of depression. I'm out of the city area and in the rural county. But we still have drug murders or more of rural drug murder body dumps and the now and again, battery or generator swiped. Power goes out and they drive up and down the roads listening for them running. Then wait until the owner is asleep and steel them. Last winter, had a guy down the road lost two cords of wood. They came in and took it at night. Weird stuff like that.

Remember, to get rid of the lichen from a PNW vehicle is to use copper powder on it. Get the lichen wet and put the pure copper powder on it and it will kill the spores. Moss you just have to keep pressure washing until it stops coming out. Like I said before, years later. It will be the black looking dirt you get every time you wash.

jhornsby3

Reaction score
South of where I live in Eugene, there is what is known as the meth capital of Oregon, Cottage Grove.
Naw, that is the ****** capital. :D Fentanyl is getting to be the drug of choice around most of Oregon now. Went to the VA in West Linn a few weeks back. Seen the Paramedics working on a woman down the road. Leaving that area, they were loading her into the coroner's van. Now dad picks up a free Narcon every time we go into the Portland VA.

Only time I venture off the interstate in Cottage Grove is for the Stearman fly in. Don't have any other wants or desires to visit there, other than the airport.

Attachments

• 5-Aug-2023 (92).JPG
    5-Aug-2023 (92).JPG
    202.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 5-Aug-2023 (140).JPG
    5-Aug-2023 (140).JPG
    188.8 KB · Views: 4

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
At 71, I see hell all over here in Eugene and I want to get somewhere to live my later years and work on vehicles when I want. This will not be it for sure. Trying for something near coast.