copper header gasket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMCNuneZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hey guys I was just wondering if there is a way to find out what gaskets to get for my 1994 gmc k1500 5.7 350 without taking the headers off? I noticed part stores have round, square, or oval ports and several different size ports. is there anyway all all to find out what I have without taking the headers off?

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Pretty sure you have the square ports, that's what my '97 4.3 has. Also in regards to copper, if you do decide to go that route make sure that you re-torque the bolts at least a few times after the initial install, once a week or so. I did that and mine still blew out after a couple months. Replaced them with standard Fel-Pro gaskets and haven't had a problem since.

VCaddy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Been using ordinary Mr Gasket square port gaskets on my 95 350. Going to try SUM-111406, got another leak, mostly because I'm lazy and didn't check torque on the header bolts. Do re-torque the bolts after a few heat cycles. Stage 8 locking header bolts are really nice too.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You need square port gaskets, I have Percy seal 4 good header gaskets on my 97, with summit shorty headers. I have had these gaskets on my truck for a year or so and still have no leaks. I agree copper is the best, but these Percy seal 4 good are the next best thing, and cost a lot less. The Percy seal 4 good are aluminum.