cold air suggestions for a 90 rcsb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shaun

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 90 with the tbi 350. I have a k&n open intake (chrome top and bottom, no tubes). I've got a handful of other minor mods (tb spacer, headers, 3" pipes, dynomax mufflers, stage 2 jet chip). I bought a modified tbi off eBay, that's supposed to produce about an additional 45hp, and I want to get the most I can out of swapping throttle bodies. But, Am I robbing my engine of power with this style of air induction (the open k&n filter), or is a cold air kit going to be more restrictive than what I'm running now? Basically, is it worth the $3-400 to buy one of these kits, or am I going to lose power, because the cold air kits are more restrictive than an open filter right on the tb? What's every one here running on their trucks, or other vehicles? Any suggestions is greatly appreciated, and huge thanks in advance!

Shaun.

Here's a link to the tb on eBay, if any body was thinking of looking into them...
http://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?nav=item.view&id=190823819362

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
well.......... everyone has different opinions on this matter as for your tb question you wont need to spend all that. do the ultimate tbi mods if you want some better response. if you have stock tbi heads manifold etc you wont need a bigger one, yes you can get one but its not required at all. you can bump up your stock fuel pressure regulator to get more fuel supply with a simple quarter as well.

LordFinesse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got a 93 but only the V6 :( i have the Airaid intake, which would be the same for your 350 (i assume) and it ran me like 230 or so, currenly i dont have an airbox to make it cold air, ive been looking for something that fits for over a year now, definitely made a big difference but since i have an electric fan on my radiator in 90+ temps i do notice a drop in power, let me know what you come up with, heres the pic of my setup
You must be registered for see images attach