Coil-overs: QA1 vs ALDAN

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TacosnBeer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am debating going coil-over and was wondering if anyone had tried both and which they liked better? The QA1's are cheaper but, I don't want to make it about cost... I did some searching on the forums and have seen threads where people installed them but, nothing comparing the two... or is this even a moot point and they are relatively the same except cost.

just a thought: I wish they both allowed for a little lower ride height upfront but, it seems most you can do is a 4" drop in front - in conjunction with 2" drop spindles. Depending on which wheel I go with though, it may not matter as a 4" may be the deepest I can go any way.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I heard about 1 guy wanting to run Aldans on the Corvette forum. His post didn't win any others over, so I'm not sure how good they are. The QA1 I know is decent quality and longevity as we have folks running them at the tracks by me.

TacosnBeer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I heard about 1 guy wanting to run Aldans on the Corvette forum. His post didn't win any others over, so I'm not sure how good they are. The QA1 I know is decent quality and longevity as we have folks running them at the tracks by me.

This is totally understandable... QA1 has been around a long time with tons of applications and ALDAN is a relatively new company. They hit SEMA in 2018. That doesn't mean it isn't a good product though. Just haven't heard a whole lot about them. Companies like Pro Performance sells their kits and its tempting - just wanna hear from folks that have them before I pull the trigger.

TacosnBeer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Vi-king is another option. Started up by disgruntled ex-QA1 employees.
Better bang for the buck than QA1 in both price & quality. Also rebuidable.

http://vi-king.com/

Thanks for the info... I like disgruntled people that start their own stuff *a bit of a rebel myself* LOL.... not a good start though... their product pages are not found and the catalog is painful with no prices on their C1500 coil overs...

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Yea. Their website is kinda sad.
Best bet would be to give 'em a call. Tell them what you have, what you want & they should be able to fix you up from there.