Coil-overs: QA1 vs ALDAN

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jglew82

I fix stuff
Reaction score
Maybe not exactly what you’re looking for, but I’ve been running QA1’s on my 90 for almost 2 years and I love them. They are presently at stock Z height with a 4 inch spindle lift, but before that, I had them set on a stock spindle with a 2.5” drop. They are great, and easily adjustable.
You must be registered for see images attach

gearheadE30

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Slightly different here but I ended up with Ridetech coilovers. Roughly 3" drop with stock spindles, but you have to use their Strong Arms. Overall excellent quality and support, great warranty, and they have different valving options if they are too stiff or soft for you. They ride really, really well; definitely biased more towards that than feeling like a race car. I have their coilovers in the rear as well, but with no springs - just running leaf springs. I went with a higher spring rate than what they thought would work for the Tahoe but am glad I did. Have to watch tie rod clearance with stock spindles, but stock spindle geometry > drop spindle geometry.

You must be registered for see images

TacosnBeer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Maybe not exactly what you’re looking for, but I’ve been running QA1’s on my 90 for almost 2 years and I love them. They are presently at stock Z height with a 4 inch spindle lift, but before that, I had them set on a stock spindle with a 2.5” drop. They are great, and easily adjustable.

Oh wow... you had 2.5" of drop with the stock spindle... good to know. Thanks for the info, greatly appreciated.

TacosnBeer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Slightly different here but I ended up with Ridetech coilovers. Roughly 3" drop with stock spindles, but you have to use their Strong Arms. Overall excellent quality and support, great warranty, and they have different valving options if they are too stiff or soft for you. They ride really, really well; definitely biased more towards that than feeling like a race car. I have their coilovers in the rear as well, but with no springs - just running leaf springs. I went with a higher spring rate than what they thought would work for the Tahoe but am glad I did. Have to watch tie rod clearance with stock spindles, but stock spindle geometry > drop spindle geometry.

You know, I would kill to be able to afford anything Ridetech but... I am not in that tax bracket and think their kits are super overpriced compared to others on the market. No disrespect, its good stuff... I saw their new stuff at SEMA last year but, the price is just outrageous comparatively. When I get A-arms, they will be the Elevated Concepts ones because they suck the wheels in an inch on either side which gives me a little more room for more contact patch.

Aarong23

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You know, I would kill to be able to afford anything Ridetech but... I am not in that tax bracket and think their kits are super overpriced compared to others on the market. No disrespect, its good stuff... I saw their new stuff at SEMA last year but, the price is just outrageous comparatively. When I get A-arms, they will be the Elevated Concepts ones because they suck the wheels in an inch on either side which gives me a little more room for more contact patch.
Yeah, their full kit setup is too pricey for me too. I looked it up and it is 7,925 for the whole thing. Depending on options, could be 5,725. About the only thing I'd be willing to buy is their tubular arms. While cool, that rear wishbone kit is overkill for my purposes and wallet. My 400 dollar hotchkis leaf springs are just fine. Lol