code 32

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

qukon 95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
has any body had this code and fixed it. the light only comes on when on highway,i've checked the egr valve with truck running push up egr diaphragm the motor changes the idle plus it moves when i move the throttle by hand.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WHAT VEHICLE???

Your service manual will have a diagnostic flowchart to follow, along with the things that have to happen in order to set the code.

Last time I dicked with that was on my Lumina; I cleaned-out the EGR passages in the manifold, and blew through the exhaust-to-EGR valve tube.

Viru

Reaction score
Ever get a solution to this? Trying to troubleshoot my Code 32.

Side note: could my aftermarket air intake be related to the error?

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Nobody gonna solve anything without more info on the vehicle.

But, you can safely write your CAI off the suspect list.

Most likely suspect will be the EGR itself but the only recommended replacement is as close to OEM as possible - AC Delco or Delphi. Do not waste money on any other brand.

There's more troubleshooting to be done but again it would help to know the details on the truck you're working on. Year, model, engine, miles, what's been done to it, any repair history related to the EGR system or exhaust, etc....

Richard

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ever get a solution to this? Trying to troubleshoot my Code 32.

Side note: could my aftermarket air intake be related to the error?

Going to guess you have a 94 or 95 by the front grille in your photo. The factory service manual has the diagnostic tables for this code, so I’d start there.

Someone saved pdf versions at the link below. Check the highlighted files (driveabilty, emissions) for the code tables. Good luck, hope this helps.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=700011

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On my 88 5.7 the EGR control module has 2 ports, the top one is a breather and the lower one is connected to the EGR valve. I had the vacuum line hooked up to the top one when I put it back together. The truck ran fine until I was cruising then all of a sudden it would start jerking and set the code 32. What was happening was when the ECM went into EGR the bottom port would open and suck in all kinds of air. It took me a while to figure out what I did. As soon as I moved the vacuum line to the correct port everything ran fine - no more codes.

Viru

Reaction score
Nobody gonna solve anything without more info on the vehicle.

But, you can safely write your CAI off the suspect list.

Most likely suspect will be the EGR itself but the only recommended replacement is as close to OEM as possible - AC Delco or Delphi. Do not waste money on any other brand.

There's more troubleshooting to be done but again it would help to know the details on the truck you're working on. Year, model, engine, miles, what's been done to it, any repair history related to the EGR system or exhaust, etc....

Richard

My bad! It's a 1994 C1500 Suburban, 350 TBI that just hit 190k miles. I got the truck with a dual outlet flowmaster system, and have installed a flow-top filter since. Otherwise, it's just OEM+ parts such as better spark plugs, high flow fuel filter, new IAC and TPS, etc. It's had the EGR code since I got it, I've just never tried fixing it since there were bigger driveability issues to tackle until now.

Picture of my engine bay:
You must be registered for see images

It's always had this unclaimed connector - is it supposed to go somewhere EGR related? I've never been able to figure out its purpose and there is another identical connector on the EGR, as you can see.

You must be registered for see images attach

Going to guess you have a 94 or 95 by the front grille in your photo. The factory service manual has the diagnostic tables for this code, so I’d start there.

Someone saved pdf versions at the link below. Check the highlighted files (driveabilty, emissions) for the code tables. Good luck, hope this helps.

This is incredible documentation - thank you for sharing! Definitely going to have a read through to help troubleshoot.