cluster question - 1994 no tach, want tach.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
the 94 i've recently purchased does NOT have a tach in the cluster... i would like very much to have a cluster with a tach.

would this be plug and play if i get a cluster from 92-94?

volunteerff21

8 Lug Hoarder
Reaction score
Is there a way to make a V8 cluster work in a V6?? I'm in the same boat, have no tach, want tach. But all I can find are V8 clusters and my truck has the 4.3.

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
Is there a way to make a V8 cluster work in a V6?? I'm in the same boat, have no tach, want tach. But all I can find are V8 clusters and my truck has the 4.3.

i've seen a thread or two on it... if i'm not mistaking the v8 cluster in a v6 truck will work, but the tach will be wrong. i think if i'm mistaking you'd have to get a cluster from a v6 donor.

volunteerff21

8 Lug Hoarder
Reaction score
i've seen a thread or two on it... if i'm not mistaking the v8 cluster in a v6 truck will work, but the tach will be wrong. i think if i'm mistaking you'd have to get a cluster from a v6 donor.

Correct. In order for the tach to read properly I'd need to have it off a V6 truck. I was wondering if there was some way of modifying a V8 cluster so the tach would read correctly in a V6 truck.

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Why are they different :think: 4.3 is a 350 minus two cylinders so it should be the same...