Clunking noise when I turn

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kjk1500

Reaction score
Every time I turn to the right I hear this really bad clunk noise kinda moves the truck up and down when it happens. It also pulls to the left and when I do turn to the right you can hear the tire squeal across the pavement . When the tires are straight they look towed in a bit like the shape of a V (not like the fords do with there front ends mine is the opposite of that) . Could this be my CV joint clunking and what would cause my tires to tow in so bad? Thanks

DGA1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sounds like it's something in the steering. The linkage, tie rods, pitman, or idler arm... Crawl under there and take a look.

stantheman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Linkage would cause the camber issue I wouldnt think. Check your ball joints and control arm bushings.

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
your truck looks like its cranked up in the front to clear bigger tires. did you have a alignment done after that or have you got one at all and if it is cranked and you mud/wheel it there is a chance that you have a broken cv shaft or more wrong in your front end

Wildbill0088

haulin' the east coast
Reaction score
Ball joints would be my first guess I have quite a few of those symptoms on my Jimmy and I have tracked it down to the upper ball joints being shot