CCSB in iowa

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jonnydingo

Reaction score
Hey guys glad to find this site. Been lurking for a few months trying to get my new baby up to *****, and have checked off a lot of things so far. GMC SLT CCSB, 454, 4:10 Limited Slip Posi, 4x4, 135k on the clock

Here are the before pics

You must be registered for see images attach

Already put in new injectors, fuel press reg, lower and upper gaskets, water pump, dist cap, rotor, wires, pluds. Took off runnning boards, got a set of different rims and tires.

Put Firestone Air bags on this weekend, and got a rechargeable cop mag lite to mount inside :) . I really wanna clean up the frame. Is it fairly easy to do that with the por 15 and a wire brush? How much do you think it would be for an auto body shop to do it, or would they even do it? Does anybody know what the tint% is on the rear windows, because I really wanna match the fronts to those. Going to do a bed liner kit and get rid of the bed rails as soon as I have the $ too. Still tossing around the debadge/demold stuff. Also it has the buckets, ans I would love to go to a leather bench if they even made such a thing. Reealy like a nice bi arm rest, and these seats suck for that! Also they have no heat :( Anyhow, if anybody has any ideas lemme know!

hawkeyez71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome from Iowa! what part are ya from? As for the frame I used an angle grinder with a wire brush then sprayed on a coat of rubber undercoat then top coated with black spray paint. Turned out alright not much work, I would get either the por15 or magnetic paint next time though.

West Mi Mudder

OHHHH YEAHHHHH
Reaction score
More and more crewcabs owners are joining the site, making us non-crewcab owners very very jealous!

With that being said, Welcome!

jonnydingo

Reaction score
Welcome from Iowa! what part are ya from? As for the frame I used an angle grinder with a wire brush then sprayed on a coat of rubber undercoat then top coated with black spray paint. Turned out alright not much work, I would get either the por15 or magnetic paint next time though.

I live in the country near Brighton, BFE. I really wanna price having a shop take the body off and do the frame just for kicks, I'm sure It will be way more then waht I want to spend. Did you just do the outside of the frame? If ya did the inside, did you remove all the lines and such to get into the rails? From what I have read elswhere it sounds like your spot on with the POR-15 if I do it myself.

Thanks for the welcome and comments guys! And thanks for the heads up on the tint. It's illegal here in iowa to tint the fronts 20% so I am having a hard time finding someone to do it professionally. Probly going to risk it and do the fronts myself this summer if I don't find someone soon. I really hate the way it looks with the backs tinted and the fronts near clear. If worse comes to worse I'd take the tint off the rears and do whatever is legal on both.