Carburetor To TBI Adapter ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94chever

Reaction score
has anyone tryed putting an older carberated motor in and using there stock tbi? do these adapters work good? any input would help alot thanks

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The old 454 come with a "Carb" style manifold and a factory adapter. The thirdGen Camaro guys all run the same kinda manifolds for TBI. Single plane, low rise manifold. They all have to use adapters as well, I guess they work fine.

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
They work as well as any 4 barrel to 2 barrel carb adapter.

woody80z28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The stock 454 adapters are spread bore and about 1" thick. Right now I'm using a square bore 1/4" thick adapter from Trans Dapt along with a regular 1" TBI spacer. Thinking about converting to the 454 style.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
how?

/5char
I use the gaskets as a template and just drill the holes. The last one we built was out of 3/8" aluminum plate for our dual tbi and it was $9. Here is a pic of my wife building a steel one. I don't have a finished pic but you can get the idea.
You must be registered for see images attach

nate3531

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
nice, could you apply this same process to make a tbi spacer? If so any idea where a guy might get a chunk of 1/2" aluminum plate without buying an entire sheet.

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Gettign something that thick might be a problem, might have to use multiple 3/8's pieces.