Can some one help and tell me what ths is 97 Tahoe 5.7 l31

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Probably #23 in the diagram below, 15971641 is the part number, seems like it is discontinued.

You must be registered for see images attach

Here is a similar thread.

Sounds like others are have used vacuum tube/hose to replace it.

Looks like it is for controlling water flow to the heater core.

Best of luck.

I’d agree, vacuum hose should suffice if you cannot find one at a salvage yard. They’re specific to the Tahoe/Suburban; pickups didn’t have them.

When the hvac temp dial is in the “max” detent, the solenoid at the other end of that line energizes and the water valve (vacuum actuated) closes coolant off to the heater core to increase a/c performance. There’s a separate hose from the solenoid to the valve.

Last edited:

Rebel511

Reaction score
So I went to the salvage yard and got a bunch of hoses around the set size and connected them all to complete it and plug into the firewall, can I do am egr delete I heard it's better for the engine if so how easy is it? Would anyone recommend this?

Stringer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i broke this hose recently too a few months ago (#23), on gmt800. i think after a half dozen pcv valve changes and being so old, it cracked. i could have probably been more careful with it too.

trying to find the part was hard, nobody makes an aftermarket for mine. had to get one at the dealer for $22.

i actually made my own with some hose i had, the rubber ends that came off old hose, a couple stainless ear clamps, and a new pcv valve. i still have the OEM one i need to throw in. mine works great tho.

Attachments

• IMG_1896.HEIC.jpg
    IMG_1896.HEIC.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Rebel511

Reaction score
It's not a switch, it's a quick disconnect to remove the upper part of the fitting. In case you break and need to replace it.
Or possibly to clean out the oil sludge that gets past the PCV valve.
So off is to remove it and it all comes out? How do you clean the inside?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220221-233106.png
    Screenshot_20220221-233106.png
    446.5 KB · Views: 3

Rebel511

Reaction score
i broke this hose recently too a few months ago (#23), on gmt800. i think after a half dozen pcv valve changes and being so old, it cracked. i could have probably been more careful with it too.

trying to find the part was hard, nobody makes an aftermarket for mine. had to get one at the dealer for $22.

i actually made my own with some hose i had, the rubber ends that came off old hose, a couple stainless ear clamps, and a new pcv valve. i still have the OEM one i need to throw in. mine works great tho.
This is the hose that broke the tiny one not even a quarter in it runs all the way to the firewall