Camber issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ehall8702

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Never heard of a ball joint flip. There are a couple of after marker uca that state for a 3-4” lift. ?

Lots of ppl flip balljoints to gain camber, slot ur cam bolt holes and there is ALOT of gained adjustment. Not gonna buy $300 ucas cause I'm just not gonna out that kinda cash there when there are many other things that take priority first. I cut my bump stops an inch lower and welded plate back to make them solid, added a diff drop , slotted my cam bolt holes and got an alignment, didn't need bj flip to get it in spec but showed alignment guy what I had in mind and he said that would help him out in alot of cases cause even slotting doesn't get you enuff adjustment sometimes.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Flipping the balljoint really fvcks off the truck's camber curve, not just static camber. You don't have access to an alignment rack?

Ehall8702

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had it aligned but turned out I didn't need bj flip all is good

Really can't mess much up because it's stock on both 3/4 and 1 ton trucks I'd figure it is to compensate for the beefier torsion bars which are probably clocked a bit different than 1/2ton ones to give a little higher ride hieght.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
The 8 luggers have taller knuckles and the upper arms are mounted higher. Upper and lower arms should be parallel with one another.

Ehall8702

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The 8 luggers have taller knuckles and the upper arms are mounted higher. Upper and lower arms should be parallel with one another.

Hmmmm taller knuckle means more lift , wonder if there is a xover bearing to run 6 lug with a 8 lug knuckle? I'd say wheel adapter but I don't trust those at all.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Most want to shove an 8 lug into 6 lug knuckle. 6 lug bearing has a 3 bolt flange and 8 lug has a 4 bolt flange.

Ehall8702

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Most want to shove an 8 lug into 6 lug knuckle. 6 lug bearing has a 3 bolt flange and 8 lug has a 4 bolt flange.
I'm more talking about pressing out the 6lug center and pressing into 8 lug bearing. Kind of like you would a regular press in bearing on an import or something. Talking from pure daydream tho, haven't measured anything or seen if it was even possible. I'm sure CV axles aren't the same either so just talking imaginary **** anyways I suppose.