Camber issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ehall8702

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
if you only drive to and fro work, why all the drama about lifting? why not just roll stock ?

Just because it's what I like to do I guess. I've done everything already tho, have 5.5" lift , 3 body and 2.5 suspension, clears my 35x12.50r20s nicely , diff drop, longer shocks, modified droop stops , notched cam slot, airshocks in the back, everything aligned fine , rides ok, a bit stiff but not unbearable. Motor has new CIA with airbox, electric fans, shaved baffle off of throttle body plate, complete dual exhaust with NOS flowmasters. 0411 swap and cam coming soon. I want my truck to look a certain way to set it apart from the same ol obs on 33 on 15s with a stick welded pushbar, bumpers and headache rack really. It stands out , sounds better (both exhaust and stereo) than anything in a 100 mile radius of me. I own an audio shop and am a certified mechanic, I have over 4k just in my stereo and want my truck to look as good as the inside does ( in mid renovation of a new setup right now so interior is almost completely out due to having to build a new box for 3 15s). Don't take it wrong, not trying to be offensive just saying, why does anybody modify anything? Cause they want it to look a certain way I guess. I got the look I wanted after just trying things and payed attention to what worked and what didn't. I couldn't justify a 4/6 lift ($1500) when this thing will hardly ever do more than a trail ride or two ya know? When the guys wanna go okay in the mud I roll my cj-5 and laugh at em all getting stuck and actually pull some out. So basically I got a big ass mall crawler with a phenomenal stereo.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I'm more talking about pressing out the 6lug center and pressing into 8 lug bearing. Kind of like you would a regular press in bearing on an import or something. Talking from pure daydream tho, haven't measured anything or seen if it was even possible. I'm sure CV axles aren't the same either so just talking imaginary **** anyways I suppose.

Ohh, hadn't thought about it like that. I did a similar swap to a FWD Corolla years ago.

Blanco_obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I literally smack my bump stops. Considering doing the ball joint flip but idk if anyone around my area can even do an alignment with my wheels

Ehall8702

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I literally smack my bump stops. Considering doing the ball joint flip but idk if anyone around my area can even do an alignment with my wheels

I did the bj flip and it had too much camber , couldn't get the positive ( I think was positive, top of wheels were too far out) camber out of it. As for the bump stops,I cut almost an inch from the top of em and welded a plate back so they were solid. Put an eBay $100 diff drop on and shocks for a 3" lift and all my angles look good , even having it hanging on my lift . Torsion bars aren't maxxed but about 3/4 up and ride is stiff but not unbearable. I pulled the cam bolts from the UCA and slotted the holes and my buddy at alignment shop said it was just enuff to put it within spec. I have lipless 20s but his rack has mirrors that are adjustable and he went between the spokes. I came in with bj flipped and flipped em back while it was on his rack cause he said he couldn't get the tops of the wheels in far enuff . U actuallycan see how far out the tops of the wheels are after a bj flip. Maybe if the TB was maxxed out it would have have needed the flip tho

Last pic is how it sits with BL and suspension lift ...I've had it bound up a few times and the 35" centennial dirt commanders don't rub any, only at full lock slightly the rub

You must be registered for see images attach

Camber pics were before BL withy old nittos on

Last edited:

Ehall8702

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ohh, hadn't thought about it like that. I did a similar swap to a FWD Corolla years ago.
I got the tools and creativeness just not the time to go after something like that. Bearings r cheap and if I could just have two in my hand I'd out the micrometer on em and get appropriate bearing through napa and could do it, there r other varibles tho, ball joint taper diameter , hub depth, and possibly CV shaft length too...may be something fun to mess with. Can get a bearing for a 3/4 and a 1/2 ton from Detroit axle about $40 each so wouldn't be too exoensive.

Redneckgeriatric

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just because it's what I like to do I guess. I've done everything already tho, have 5.5" lift , 3 body and 2.5 suspension, clears my 35x12.50r20s nicely , diff drop, longer shocks, modified droop stops , notched cam slot, airshocks in the back, everything aligned fine , rides ok, a bit stiff but not unbearable. Motor has new CIA with airbox, electric fans, shaved baffle off of throttle body plate, complete dual exhaust with NOS flowmasters. 0411 swap and cam coming soon. I want my truck to look a certain way to set it apart from the same ol obs on 33 on 15s with a stick welded pushbar, bumpers and headache rack really. It stands out , sounds better (both exhaust and stereo) than anything in a 100 mile radius of me. I own an audio shop and am a certified mechanic, I have over 4k just in my stereo and want my truck to look as good as the inside does ( in mid renovation of a new setup right now so interior is almost completely out due to having to build a new box for 3 15s). Don't take it wrong, not trying to be offensive just saying, why does anybody modify anything? Cause they want it to look a certain way I guess. I got the look I wanted after just trying things and payed attention to what worked and what didn't. I couldn't justify a 4/6 lift ($1500) when this thing will hardly ever do more than a trail ride or two ya know? When the guys wanna go okay in the mud I roll my cj-5 and laugh at em all getting stuck and actually pull some out. So basically I got a big ass mall crawler with a phenomenal stereo.

well, different strokes for different folks! thanks for clarifying. there were trucks like that back home in louisiana, but they were a tool for those having to get through the mud and gumbo. im thinking your purpose built truck may be for getting the chics at the mall?

Ehall8702

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well, different strokes for different folks! thanks for clarifying. there were trucks like that back home in louisiana, but they were a tool for those having to get through the mud and gumbo. im thinking your purpose built truck may be for getting the chics at the mall?
I'm FAR FAR from a mall up here but basically just the looks to go with the stereo. My jeep cj-5 is the off-road machine, only a 3" lift and 33s and it's unstoppable. My k1500 is a road warrior that's all lol. Looks good and sounds good and will handle light off-road. But yeah mall crawler it is, looks the part without actually doing it .

Blanco_obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did the bj flip and it had too much camber , couldn't get the positive ( I think was positive, top of wheels were too far out) camber out of it. As for the bump stops,I cut almost an inch from the top of em and welded a plate back so they were solid. Put an eBay $100 diff drop on and shocks for a 3" lift and all my angles look good , even having it hanging on my lift . Torsion bars aren't maxxed but about 3/4 up and ride is stiff but not unbearable. I pulled the cam bolts from the UCA and slotted the holes and my buddy at alignment shop said it was just enuff to put it within spec. I have lipless 20s but his rack has mirrors that are adjustable and he went between the spokes. I came in with bj flipped and flipped em back while it was on his rack cause he said he couldn't get the tops of the wheels in far enuff . U actuallycan see how far out the tops of the wheels are after a bj flip. Maybe if the TB was maxxed out it would have have needed the flip tho

Last pic is how it sits with BL and suspension lift ...I've had it bound up a few times and the 35" centennial dirt commanders don't rub any, only at full lock slightly the rub

Camber pics were before BL withy old nittos on

now mine is super negative camber. So I beliece if I did the flip it would even out. My front end looks like a damn Honda

Blanco_obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is it. You can kinda tell