Cam to crank sensor correlation fault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tdean91491

Something about an OBS
Reaction score
Anyone have any idea on the fix for this code? It’s got me stumped..

You must be registered for see images attach

phaessler

Reaction score
Lots of info on P1345. Need a scanner capable of reading it , live data, then adjust accordingly. Could be a wore out distributor gear, or timing chain, could just be a little twist of the distributor. Google is your friend here.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you remove or replace the distributor? The offset (CMP Retard) needs to be set in that case or the code can come up. If you don’t have a good scanner, you can download and app and use a Bluetooth OBD adapter to read the offset.

Then just loosen the clamp, rotate the distributor until it’s at zero (plus or minus two degrees) at between 1000-1200 rpm.

http://www.gmt400.com/threads/car-gauge-pro-can-read-cmp.35275/

If the distributor hasn’t been touched, then there could be other issues. I’ll pass along the diagnostic table for that if you need it.

Tdean91491

Something about an OBS
Reaction score
Alright let ask you guys this if it’s at -23 where the distributor sits now, I’ve got the cap adjusted as far clock wise as it will go. Where do I need to go from this point? I’ve tried reading up on google but nothing is straight forward.

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If it's that far out and you've tried adjusting it then your looking at possibly a worn distributor gear or timing set. It's common for the stock distributor gear to cause this issue. That would be the first thing to check anyway.

Tdean91491

Something about an OBS
Reaction score
If it's that far out and you've tried adjusting it then your looking at possibly a worn distributor gear or timing set. It's common for the stock distributor gear to cause this issue. That would be the first thing to check anyway.
I just replaced the distributor & timing chain not to long ago, I pulled the distributor to do the intake gaskets and I’ve had trouble ever since.

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just replaced the distributor & timing chain not to long ago, I pulled the distributor to do the intake gaskets and I’ve had trouble ever since.

When you originally pulled it did you make sure the engine was at cylinder 1 TDC before you pulled it and did the new timing set?

Tdean91491

Something about an OBS
Reaction score
Yeah, I made sure the marks on the gears lined up & that number one was on tdc.

Tdean91491

Something about an OBS
Reaction score
A buddy of mine that runs a local mechanic shop, just informed me that if it’s reading -23 it’s a tooth off and that I need to turn it one tooth clock wise. I’m about to head back out to the shop and give it a go. I’ll let you know the out come.

Tdean91491

Something about an OBS
Reaction score
Alright guys, I’ve got the scanner reading 0.0 ignition timing advance. #1 cylinder but it’s hard to crank and runs really rough and it’s still throwing the p1345 code. When it’s reading -23 it cranks just fine but it runs a little rough. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should try next ?