Cam to crank sensor correlation fault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Any way it can scroll over? It looks like it might be giving the cylinder number. I used an android on mine, so the interface is a little different. If that doesn’t scroll, it should list the PIDs in order that you added them. On mine, I think I had to add each cylinder individually. So maybe go back and delete them and add back one at a time...hope that makes sense.

The offset looks good. That’s taken at around 1100-rpm, right? It’s not accurate below 1000.

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tdean91491

Something about an OBS
Reaction score
Any way it can scroll over? It looks like it might be giving the cylinder number.

The offset looks good. That’s taken at around 1100-rpm, right? It’s not accurate below 1000.

Yeah I had it running around 1100 when I took the screen shot. I did try scrolling over, clicking on each one & basically everything I could think of. I would think it would go in numerical order meaning from top to bottom 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8 but I’m not sure on that.

Tdean91491

Something about an OBS
Reaction score
Any way it can scroll over? It looks like it might be giving the cylinder number. I used an android on mine, so the interface is a little different. If that doesn’t scroll, it should list the PIDs in order that you added them. On mine, I think I had to add each cylinder individually. So maybe go back and delete them and add back one at a time...hope that makes sense.

Maybe I should try my iPad & see if it would have enough room to display it all?

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, I’d guess it’s 1 and 7. That’s weird that it won’t scroll over...try turning it to landscape?

I guess one way to find out is unplug the wire, recrank it and see what it shows.

That is dumb, though. I guess you’ve triple checked the wires into the cap. What brand cap is it again? Do you have a spark tester or spare cap laying around?

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I checked mine. It lists them in the order that they were added. So I guess you’ll need to delete them and add back one at a time.

Tdean91491

Something about an OBS
Reaction score
I checked mine. It lists them in the order that they were added. So I guess you’ll need to delete them and add back one at a time.

I’ve got them in order now, I’m going to check it again once I get off of work. Then it’ll be the process of elimination on what’s causing them. It isn’t throwing any code except the p0300.

Tdean91491

Something about an OBS
Reaction score

Alright this is where I’m at now. Any advice on where to go from here ?

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This started when the lower intake gaskets were replaced, right?

What brand distributor and cap do you have? Is it a new cap? If the distributor has the plastic OE-style top, are the mounting tabs that the cap attaches to intact?

How do the 1 and 8 plugs look? Fouled or wet? Are the plugs new and do the misfires move if the plugs are moved to different cylinders?

I’d first grab a spark tester and see how the spark looks on those two. If I was going to throw a part at it, it would be a new Delco cap.

Tdean91491

Something about an OBS
Reaction score
This started when the lower intake gaskets were replaced, right?

What brand distributor and cap do you have? Is it a new cap? If the distributor has the plastic OE-style top, are the mounting tabs that the cap attaches to intact?

How do the 1 and 8 plugs look? Fouled or wet? Are the plugs new and do the misfires move if the plugs are moved to different cylinders?

I’d first grab a spark tester and see how the spark looks on those two. If I was going to throw a part at it, it would be a new Delco cap.

Alright I’ll go grab a good spark tester today. I planed I’m doing a new cap and button today. I can’t remember the name brand of the distributor but I know it wasn’t a cheap one when I bought it, it’s got the metal base. It’s less then a year old to.