Cam opions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTM1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would like to order a cam soon but would like to get some input from everyone. I do a little bit of towing, then I also do a good amount of highway but also would like a really goo performance cam. Not by any means looking for a big build. Just a good choppy idle with performance but not really looking for doing a lot of head work. So if anyone could give me some recommendations that would be great.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A fairly standard answer would be to use the LT4 hot cam with the 1.6 rockers. You can use comps beehive springs (I think they are the 916's) and locks to run up to .550 lift but you will most likely need to drill out the push rod holes to .500.

chevyman("

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Would it be logical to run 1.5 rockers with a lt4 cam so I wouldn't have to pull the heads to drill out the holes

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk 2

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Is there a write up anywhere on on start to finish with parts listed to get more lift out of the Vortec heads?

chevyman("

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't think there's a need its reletivaly simple.. bee hive springs with 787 comp retainers with locks will give you around 500 lift I believe

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
So where does the need to drill out the push rod holes come along?

chevyman("

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When you run 1.6 rockers which moves the push rod closer to the stud causing it to hit the hole in the head