cam help for 350 tbi??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

g_0115

Reaction score
I'm looking to choose a cam for my tbi 5.7 350 has long tube headers full single exhaust cold air intake and tbi spacer it's my daily driver mainly high way driving some city very little off-road I want mild or a little more performance I do plan to also get a computer chip made the cam I got recommended from summit was.this one
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/cca-cl12-364-4
What do you all think? Any other recommendations thanks for the help

thered95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
what kind of truck is it?

that cam looks good. that is what i was going to go with before i got the zz4 cam i have now. who do you plan on having tune the truck. there is a link in my sig to a good tuner if you can not find someone local.

g_0115

Reaction score
what kind of truck is it?

that cam looks good. that is what i was going to go with before i got the zz4 cam i have now. who do you plan on having tune the truck. there is a link in my sig to a good tuner if you can not find someone local.

hey thered95 thanks and i was going to actually have a custom chip burned from motorvation what do you think?

thered95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
are they local to you? have you contacted them yet. looking at there website they do not mention anything about what software you need on your computer, that makes me think they are making a custom tune off of a piece of paper you fill out(not a "custom" tune)

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
Melling MTC-1. It's about 65 bucks at AutoZone. I have put them in multiple TBI and carb'd cars and trucks and it really woke them up, even without a tune.

g_0115

Reaction score
are they local to you? have you contacted them yet. looking at there website they do not mention anything about what software you need on your computer, that makes me think they are making a custom tune off of a piece of paper you fill out(not a "custom" tune)

no they arent local i got it off the summit website and your right they have a form that you fill out with all the specs includes the head cc's if you have headers intake cam etc.

thered95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
being that you have things done like and are now adding a cam a cookie cutter tune will not work for you. you need a custom tune that is dialed into your truck. taking info off a form is not enough to make a good tune. you need data from the truck to go off of. once you get the cam installed you will need to data log the computer while driving the truck and send that to a tuner to work with. they will then burn you a chip and you will log again that will happen a few times until the tuner feels it is as good as it can be.

you will need a laptop loaded with a dataloging software and a aldl cable to connect to the truck. the software that i use and my tuner uses is called tunerpro rt. it is free and can be downloaded off the tunerpro website. click the link in my sig create an account and start a thread in the gm section, someone there will be able to get you what you need and you might even find someone local that can do a tune in person.

g_0115

Reaction score
Do you know where or what software is the best for the trucks?