Cab trim?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1ton-o-fun

Automotive Durability Tester
Reaction score
One of mine is missing as well. Going to ask someone who knows wth they're doing what the best way to fill it is. But it's WAAY down on the punch list, lol.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
AFAIK, it's a trim piece that fills in the cab seams. Burbs have something similar, just longer. In the olden days, car manufacturers would use lead filler to cover and smooth over major body seams.

F4U-1A

Early spring 24
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Speaking of Lead, HotWheels they put that in our gasoline back in the day, when I had hotwheels. (good for engines of that circa). And I got Lead for that porcupine that messed up my doggy and wife the other day. Vet says to keep a watch all night, on the hound. Not my wife, pulled her quills out already. Good Times

1ton-o-fun

Automotive Durability Tester
Reaction score
AFAIK, it's a trim piece that fills in the cab seams. Burbs have something similar, just longer. In the olden days, car manufacturers would use lead filler to cover and smooth over major body seams.

You're exactly right! That technique/process is still around in the restoration and street rodder world. It's exactly what my buddy said he would do if it was his.

Speaking of Lead, HotWheels they put that in our gasoline back in the day, when I had hotwheels. (good for engines of that circa). And I got Lead for that porcupine that messed up my doggy and wife the other day. Vet says to keep a watch all night, on the hound. Not my wife, pulled her quills out already. Good Times

Good times indeed... poor wife and dog.

F4U-1A

Early spring 24
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Think we got the last quill out. My dog (not my wife). Good thing, gave him his last pain pill from the vet at 0130HRs. Just trying to cheer people up in these difficult times with my Canadian banter. No more broken French, do not want Dudley Do-right and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police after me, for breaking our stupid language laws. Rocky and Bullwinkle show, Hey, and I think I played with my HotWheels in front of the tv back then.