Cab mounts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tanner199399

Reaction score
So I'm new on here so let me know if im doing something wrong. I have a 1993 k1500 that i am rebuilding,from the ground up. I'm almost ready to put,the cab back on but i cant seem to find a good place to buy a full set of cab mounts including the mounts for the core support with all the hardware. Dose anyone know of a good website to order off of for oem or stock height at least? All the ones i find are for 2" body lifts. Any help is appreciated.

Reaction score

In my opinion, anyone that uses polyurethane suspension bushings will wish they hadn't. I replaced every susp. bushing in my ''93 C2500 with poly bushings from PST, Performance Suspension Technology. Rode afterwards like I was going down the road on my rims. Took the poly cab mounts out and replaced with OEM, which made the ride slightly better, but still way too stiff. I have heard on other GMT400 forums that there are softer poly bushings that ride well, but don't know it for a fact. The ride on my truck aggravates the hell out of me but I'm not going to go into that job to replace those bushings again, and just live with it.

885speed

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put the LMC replacement body mounts on mine and it was night and day, improved ride considerably
That's all I need to hear! Looks like cab mounts are going wayyy up on the importance list lol. All the little vibrations from these garbage FL roads around me go straight to irritating my back.

BonestockK1500

LT265/75/R16
Reaction score
That's all I need to hear! Looks like cab mounts are going wayyy up on the importance list lol. All the little vibrations from these garbage FL roads around me go straight to irritating my back.

the worn out 26 year old stock bushings felt like the truck could snap in half over RxR tracks, new mounts installed and it smoothed everything out, probably the most impactful functional upgrade I’ve done. But 26 year old bolts can be difficult to deal with so be prepared for a fight when you start taking out the factory mounts. It’s definitely worth it when complete, ride is significantly better than those old dry rot pieces from 93

885speed

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
the worn out 26 year old stock bushings felt like the truck could snap in half over RxR tracks, new mounts installed and it smoothed everything out, probably the most impactful functional upgrade I’ve done. But 26 year old bolts can be difficult to deal with so be prepared for a fight when you start taking out the factory mounts. It’s definitely worth it when complete, ride is significantly better than those old dry rot pieces from 93

Fortunately my truck has never left Florida so luckily I've never had an issue with nuts/bolts underneath*knocks on wood*
But my only concern is the best way to lift the body up in my driveway with just a floor jack.
Common sense tells me an appropriately cut 4x4 chunk of wood should do the job. I know it doesn't need to go very far to get the old ones out, but my jack definitely doesn't go that high lol.
How did you do yours?

BonestockK1500

LT265/75/R16
Reaction score
Fortunately my truck has never left Florida so luckily I've never had an issue with nuts/bolts underneath*knocks on wood*
But my only concern is the best way to lift the body up in my driveway with just a floor jack.
Common sense tells me an appropriately cut 4x4 chunk of wood should do the job. I know it doesn't need to go very far to get the old ones out, but my jack definitely doesn't go that high lol.
How did you do yours?

Floor lifts at my local shop, life is too short for me to drop a truck cab in my driveway without proper tools.

Ive read about folks loosing one side and jacking with a 4x4 piece of wood to support it, but that wasn’t my choice. Seems like it would work but be careful.