Cab Light Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
Ok, cool idea outalne94z71.

OBS lights seem to win....but how will they look with NBS mirrors and the NBS rear light bar? I also have a crazy idea of doing NBS lights in my fender flares somehow...for that GMC Sierra Denali Quadrasteer look.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok so I can't find a 1 3/16 hole saw anywhere locally. I have a 1 1/4 though. Will that be ok to use? I'm putting on gm factory lights, not the pacer kit.

Also does anyone have a measurement for where the large holes go, or are they just right in the middle of the screw holes?

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Ok so I can't find a 1 3/16 hole saw anywhere locally. I have a 1 1/4 though. Will that be ok to use? I'm putting on gm factory lights, not the pacer kit.

Also does anyone have a measurement for where the large holes go, or are they just right in the middle of the screw holes?

I've never looked into cab light cause there not really my thing, but HOLY BALLS!!! A 1 3/16 hole! There's no way I could get the nerve to do that!

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've never looked into cab light cause there not really my thing, but HOLY BALLS!!! A 1 3/16 hole! There's no way I could get the nerve to do that!

it took me almost two hours to decide to drill the small holes for my visor....... no way i could drill that big of holes in my roof

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My roof is facked anyways, what's a few holes.... :bawl: I would have drilled last night but it got dark on me an I didn't have the right size saw in my kit, hence the above question.....

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
make sure you have good gaskets and lenses or they will leak, i have done it before and i recommend using rivet nuts, get the steel ones not aluminum.

http://www.fastenal.com/web/search/...yl4:"602457 Rivet Nuts"|~ ~|sattr03:^Steel$|~

I haven't had a single leak using the rubber well nuts, and I live in Western Washington.

Ok, cool idea outalne94z71.

OBS lights seem to win....but how will they look with NBS mirrors and the NBS rear light bar? I also have a crazy idea of doing NBS lights in my fender flares somehow...for that GMC Sierra Denali Quadrasteer look.

I have both. I installed the GMT800 rear clearance light back in 03 or 04, and the tow mirrors last year. I installed cab lights on my 99 and had both rear lights and tow mirrors on my 99 diesel as well. I think everything fits together well.

The 88
You must be registered for see images attach

The 99

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

88GMC or dragging, y'all got an opinion on this????? ^^^^