C1500 rear bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sbnova

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I need a new rear bumper for my 1988 c1500 fleetside. Do the tahoe/ suburban bumpers also bolt on and fit? Do they have the same frame mounting brackets too?
Thank you

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Same bumper but different brackets.
Exactly right. Leave those SUV brackets on and just unbolt the bumper from them; they're totally useless on a pickup. In fact the middle (main) brackets aren't actually brackets but simply the ends of the frame rail so they don't detach anyway, not without a sawzall or hot wrench..

Richard

sbnova

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks very much! I have no bumper or brackets, so I guess my search will only include pickups!

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
You can get aftermarket replacement brackets pretty cheap, just beware some of them are REALLY flimsy. I was kinda surprised.

Don't pass up looking at SUV rear bumpers because they are often in better condition, having not been used as work/tow vehicles as often as trucks.

Richard

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Suburban bumper on the rear on my Z71. I put it on thier years ago. Bolts right up to my factory truck brackets.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk