Bushwacker fender flares

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevyman0191

OBS till I die
Reaction score
hey guys, i have a 97 chevy silverado, i used to hate fender flares but the more i see it on these trucks as ive seen alot you guys do it its really growing on me and really shapes a truck up in my opinion. Im thinking bout taking chrome trim off and going with some bushwacker pocket style or oe style and have the painted white to match my truck. Which one would yall go with? i dont wont flares that stick way out, id rather be just an inch or so like the oem style but i like the pocket ones with stainless rivets but cant tell how far they stick out. I priced oem and was going to be bout $1300 painted that aint happening. how do bushwackers fit? any info picture would be great! thanks, Mike

http://4wheelonline.com/images/CategoryImages/BUSH-Pocket-2.jpg - Pocket style

http://4wheelonline.com/images/CategoryImages/BUSH-OE-2.jpg - oe style

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
Personally I like the OE style. Unless your planning on lifting it 3' in the air, the OE would fit your truck well. I picked up some OEM's off a '95 3/4 ton for $100 at the yard. You could check that first before buying new, and since your painting them anyway, you wouldn't have to worry about them being in perfect condtion.

ls6firebird

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i have the extend-a-fender flares. theyre a little bigger than the factory flare, but not as big as the pocket flares. i would recommend the factory style if your runnin small tires. the bigger flares look good, but if your tires dont fill them up, they will look goofy

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
I have them on my truck.. can see them in a sig but cant seem to find any other posts right now (i need a build thread)

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
man you got my same bull bar, I thought I was like the only one with one since I never saw em.

I aint big on the pocket flares, saw em on a lifted truck and they are too flat, looks like nbs trucks, the extend-afenders looks good though or oe.

those on ebay look good, they look wider. Do they have em smooth though and not textured?

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Definetly go ebay, Bushwacker is WAY overpriced. I cant believe several companies charge $400+ for a set of injection molded plastic. Its a rip off. You can get the same pieces & quality IMO from certain ebay dealers for about $150-200 shipped. Thats alot of savings.

scmsltn

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Definetly go ebay, Bushwacker is WAY overpriced. I cant believe several companies charge $400+ for a set of injection molded plastic. Its a rip off. You can get the same pieces & quality IMO from certain ebay dealers for about $150-200 shipped. Thats alot of savings.

Can anyone find any ebay ones for stepsides that are not bushwachers? I can't....and i want some.